Friday, July 06, 2007

Happy 4th!

For our 4th of July celebration we went camping at the Three Rivers in Idaho with Ryan, Nena and the kids, Scott, Jenn and their kids, and some more friends of the Earls. We had a really good time despite a few minor setbacks. We were sick one day, I ended up with green hair, and the night we got there we were setting up camp a bit later than planned and it started to get dark, so Scott set up his lantern. Well, before I knew it, Marlee was reaching out to grab it and before I could say "MARLEE NO" she was SCREAMING. She had grabbed it and all five of her little fingers were blistering. I HATE that feeling. It was so sad. I felt horribly guilty for not seeing it coming. This is what it looked like in the morning.

It was her first time seeing fireworks. It was so fun to watch her get so excited. She kept saying "oh...pretty". It was cute. They went on for hours, but she was so pooped that she fell asleep in my arms after about an hour and then slept peacefully in the tent when I layed her down....until about 5 the next morning...

There was a lot of BEAUTIFUL scenery there too. It was a very stunning drive and we had a lot of fun at the little beach by the river just a few miles down from camp. It was a really fun trip and we are lucky to have such great friends and family.

7 comments:

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Oh her fingers! The poor little thing! I'm so sad for both of you! And your hair, that's pretty sad too. But you're so gorgeous it doesn't matter what color your hair is :)

Chelsie Wilde said...

Oh man, poor thing! I cant believe how Marlee has turned into a little girl instead of a baby! I am glad you guys had a good 4th. Hope everything else is going good! Keep in touch.

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Oh poor Marlee!! i know I felt so bad when a similar thing happened to Vienna. Blister burn too. they heal so quickly luckily! looks like you guys had fun! i thought you and Collin weren't going camping? bet your glad you were able to make it. How is the green hair now?

mumovearls said...

My poor marlee her fingers look better though yesterday luckly they have healed really great now how about the door owie!-ouch

troy said...

Colin! Hey I hear we're going to be neighbors. That's gonna be pretty awesome. That gives me at least something to look forward to when we get back to the grind in V-town. See you next month

Tom Earl said...

I hated missing the trip to the Lochsa! What a beautiful place! We love you!

Mama Lara said...

Oh my gosh!!! The poor little princess. I heard from your sis a day or two after it happened! Give her big kisses from all of us!!