Sunday, October 28, 2007
Quite a Scare
As some of you have heard it has been a long week for us! It started on Tuesday with my Docs apt, where I told her I thought I had been having quite a few, what I thought were, Braxton Hicks. She sent me for an internal ultrasound where they found that my cervix was "short" (meaning thin for this early on). I am 29 weeks now. So she told me to "take it easy". Well, I started some antibiotics for an infection but the contractions kept coming and Thursday and Friday the pain from that and my back were pretty severe. So I called in once again Saturday morning and she told me to meet her at the ER. She checked me and assured me that she was sure I wouldn't be dilated already but they were gonna check just to be safe, the look on her face said it all. She was just as surprised as I was that I was dilating. They ran some tests to determine if they needed to transport me to Sioux Falls, and told me to consider the reality that the baby could be coming now, and is about 2 1/2 lbs, and to get ourselves prepared for that...which of course made me pretty much HYSTERICAL! Well, they didn't have to, they kept me for about 30 hours and gave me LOTS of drugs. Some for infection, some for pain, some to stop the contractions, and some steroids to prepare Makennas lungs should she come soon. Well, the medicine helped a lot and they decided since I hadn't dilated any further to let me come home to my own bed for now. Unfortunately pretty much on bed rest until further notice. I will be having weekly apts to check my cervix and contractions but we all have every hope she will make it at least 6 more weeks with a little TLC and some good drugs! I appreciate my friends and neighbors out here who have been so sweet and quick to help...it could be a long few weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Oh that is so not fun on soo many levels. I am so sorry! The Nielsens will be praying for you and little Makenna.
You scared the crap out of us!! ;) Seriously little sis, I am just so glad that you are home and well. You tell Makenna that Aunt Ang loves her, but she's got to wait a little longer to make her debut. Love you!!!
SO SORRY MANDY!!! I wish so bad I could be there to bring you dinner and watch a chick flick while you're bed-restin'!! We're so happy she decided not to come so early!
Oh, no! I'm so glad you were able to get the contractions under control. At least it sounds like you have a support system there. You're gonna need the help if your on bed rest. Take care...we are thinking about you and you are in our prayers.
oh Mandi! We are praying for you and little Mackenna. We are so glad you're both doing okay. Bed rest can be a little frustrating, but I'm glad you have a lot of help. Keep us posted as best you can.
I heard about your trip to the hospital and I'm so relieved to hear that you're home again!! What a scare! If you want to borrow some movies or books to help speed up your time, let me know. . .I've got lots of seasons of Gilmore Girls on DVD! ;c) Take it easy, and keep us updated!
Oh, Mandi! My heart goes out to you. I know how stressful and concerning this must be for you. I'm so glad they were able to get things under control. Sorry I can't be more help to you. Keep up the good work and keep us posted!
glad to hear that they were able to give you a chance to let her get stronger. You must have been scared out of your wits! Hope you have a good compationate servie coordiantor in your ward. make sure they take good care of you!
I'm so glad you are doing better you gave us a scare-nena
Mandi i'm so glad she didn't come yet. I really help all goes well. Make sure you stay down!
Oh goodness, you poor thing! I worked in Labor and Delivery all summer and I saw this a lot. They gave you the perfect drugs and when they say bed rest, they mean it girly!!! Keep us posted!!
Marlee makes the CUTEST Snow White I have ever seen!
Your page, I've noticed, is admirably ostentatious! =)
I like the different colors and structure.
I miss you Idnam. =)
And your wonderful family. I know I say that often, but it's very true m'dear.
love, love,
Nosaj
Post a Comment