My "Something Good"
Do you ever have those weeks (or months) where you feel like you can't do anything right? I have been feeling kind of like that lately. I can't seem to keep up with the housework, or make an amazing dinner, I even broke Collins MAC laptop on Saturday. Anyway, I have been SO hard on myself, I think sometimes we forget to stop and realize the things we do well...or even ok. Well, this week Marlee helped me realize I have done something good....her. I was feeling so frustrated and she just came up and kissed me and said "I love you mommy". I wanted to cry and I realized how BEAUTIFUL she really is (I know every mom thinks that!). She is such an amazing and beautiful little person inside and out, and when I stopped to think about it, I am a pretty good mom (not to toot my own horn, lol)! I have been trying so hard to teach her what she needs to know and keep her busy and learning. Isn't that what really matters? We do gymnastics on Mondays, story time on Tuesdays, & playgroup on Wednesdays.... I try to keep her doing SOMETHING every day. She has grown to be so loving and outgoing...not to mention energetic. Without fail, every time I take her somewhere someone says "wow, does she always have this much energy?"....well YES she does! And I love her for it! 
I took some pictures of her this week, because I realized I didn't have any close ups of her lately and oh how I love that little face. She has such an expressive face for her age. I also LOVE a good black and white photo, so the ones I am posting are my favorites. Anyway, I just needed a pick me up to remind myself that although I am NOT SUPERMOM, I try and at this point in my life being a mom is most important and not the cleaning or the cooking. 
Marlee, thank you for helping me remember who I am, who I've always wanted to be, and why I LOVE being a mom. I love you Peanut.
10 comments:
Oh Marlee is so adorable!!! I can't wait to see what this next one looks like! You make an awesome mom Mandi!
Mandi...on blurb.com you can make a book...it is under blog book...and you can look at some on their website. I have ordered a couple of different books from other websites (snapfish, my publisher, ibooks) so far they have all been the same so I think I know what these will be like. You can get 440 color pages for like 75 dollars. I have worked on a book for justin and angelique with them. It is easy. The blog books can show comments and everything. I am going to make one every year at christmas time.
I'm so glad you've come to realize the good. You're right, that is the most important thing.
And YOU'VE helped me realize something; that is how to find the good in every situation. Be it great, or bad.
In the last few posts, you've had some things happen to you that don't always agree with your day-to-day transitions smoothly. Even going against the grain, however, you seem to pave a silk path before you. I admire you for that Miss Mandi.
Thank you for showing this process to me via "you had no idea."
=)
What a sweetie pie - She definitely has such a big and sweet personality - I felt a special bond with her the first time I met her!! I sure miss her - and you all!
That was so sweet! I'm excited for you to have your next one. It brings new challenges and new blessings. I'm so glad you enjoyed my blog, I thought it was a little long and no one would read it, glad you did. Oh I to answer your question about my pictures, I haven't been taking a class, I'm just finally getting back into it. I have always loved taking pictures but I put it on the back burner for a long time. I'm just enjoying myself! Your pics look great by the way.
Alisha
Hang in there, things always get better. I'm glad you remember what really counts. Love you guys!
Marlee is sooo cute! The pic of her laughing just makes my heart melt. You have such a beautiful daughter.
Your little girl is ADORABLE! I am so glad you visited my blog - I had wondered who Mama Mandi was, but I just figured it was someone Jason knew and didn't make the connection. Congrats on expecting another cutie, and yes, I think this makes us blogging buddies. :)
Post a Comment