Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving Blues...

Marlee in the Leaves
Last week at my doctors appointment she told me that I was looking pretty good and there was still no change in dilation or anything so she thought as long as my appointment this week went well, she thought it would be ok for us to go home to Denver for Thanksgiving. Well, unfortunately when I went back in today I was like 1/2 cm more dilated again than last week so she told us she didn't think it was a good idea for us to go. I was TOTALLY heart broken. I had really been looking forward to heading home for at least one of the holidays to be with family. I cried all afternoon but am feeling a little better now, I keep trying to remind myself that it's all for Makenna, and that should be good enough for me.
I think it is just the fact that I had been feeling better so I got my hopes up that nothing had changed and then to hear that it had really threw me for a loop. I guess I should just be Thankful this week that I have a wonderful husband whom I love with all my heart and 1.8 beautiful daughters that make life worth living. I am gonna try to have a better attitude about things...we are happy, healthy, and blessed beyond what we deserve...that should be enough.
Marlee and I went outside for the afternoon and it was a pretty day so I took some pictures which made me feel better.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so sorry you don't get to go home to Denver! If it's any consolation, I don't get to go either. :) I think you have such a good attitude about all of this - Marlee and Makenna are lucky girls to have a mom who cares about and loves them so much.

Tom Earl said...

That's my girl.....we love you!

::lindsay said...

Oh, that is so sad! I'm so sorry Mandi. I cried all day today too so I guess you're not alone.

Kim said...

Aaron and I had a Thanksgiving alone a couple years ago. We made the mistake of going to Chuck-A-Rama (I'm almost too embarrassed to be admitting that) and it was so awful...too many carnies! So, don't make that same mistake. We always think we should've just ordered a pizza!

Chelsie Wilde said...

I am sorry to hear that Mandi! I am sure this wont help much but I heard it and I think its a good thing to live by. Happy Thanksgiving!

Things To Be Thankful For:

The mess to clean up after a party – it means I have been surrounded by friends.

The taxes I have to pay – it means I am employed.

The clothes that fit a little too snug – it means I have enough to eat.

My shadow who watches me work – it means I am out in the sunshine.

A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing – it means I have a home.

All the complaining I hear about our government – it means we have freedom of speech.

The space I find at the far end of the parking lot – it means I am capable of walking.

My huge heating bill – it means I am warm.

The lady behind me in church that sings off key – it means I can hear.

The piles of laundry and ironing – it means I have clothes to wear.

Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day – it means I have been productive.

The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours – it means I am still alive.

Author Unknown