Thursday, December 13, 2007

All I Want for Christmas is an 'L'...

OK, so anyone who has ever been pregnant knows this feeling. You are almost 36 weeks, you're huge, you're tired, you're cranky, and most of all emotional. So now that I have set the scene. I am definitely the "handy" one at home...scary eh'? I have hung and decorated everything in our house completely alone. Collin could care less about that kind of stuff. So, I finally find the right place to hang our little mirrors that each have a letter to spell out E A R L. In the kitchen above the cabinets. So, I dig them out and prepare. I wash the walls, get the tools needed, etc. I get my fat butt up on a chair and measure and hang... when I am finished I feel completely satisfied with myself. Not for long. Before I could get Marlee out of her chair from dinner I turn around just in time to see the "L" falling from the sky...or wall. It crashes onto the tile floor and SHATTERS. I was devastated. I had worked SO hard. I just started to cry...so frustrated. Marlee came over and patted me on the shoulder and said "You OK mommy?". Anyway, after a few minutes of self pity, I swept it up...and now sure enough our kitchen says E A R. Nice eh'? I am planning on ordering a new "L" to see if I can match it, but the EAR is staying until then...... what an ordeal.

3 comments:

Angie said...

The story is good , but the visual is even better. Maybe Santa will bring you an L for Christmas if you're a good girl. ;)

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm almost crying. I think my emotions have caught up to me too. I'm crying for you! How pathetic! :) I can't believe I didn't notice it said EAR when I was over there the other day!

mumovearls said...

I kept looking at that wondering why? why Ear? I don't understand... Ohhhhhhh E-a-r as in EARL that is hilarious! good luck finding the L!-nena