We survived Christmas! This year Christmas was a real mixed bag for us. We were here in South Dakota with no family which is hard for the holidays, but it proved to be a really nice break for us. We had Christmas Eve just the three of us, a nice meal, opened presents and watched movies. Then Santa came and gave a few more goodies for us to open this morning. We had dinner with two other families in our complex out here which turned out to be really fun and REALLY tasty! We had steak, crab legs, shrimp, twice baked potatoes, salad and home made ginger bread...the real deal. It was FANTASTIC. Plus, Marlee had two other little girls to play dress up with...everyone wins! Marlee got a Disney Princess Dress up trunk which proved to be her favorite toy...shocker. She wore the Belle costume all of last night and most of the day today, then dinner rolled around and it was time for Cinderella. She cracks me up...she really does think she's a princess! Anyway, here are some of the pictures from our Holiday...hope you all had as good a time as we did! Merry Christmas!Three Silly girls at Christmas Dinner
Jake, Troy and Collin
with the remote control cars
And one cute Christmas story... we have an ornament on our tree that is Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. Well Marlee kept asking me to see Jesus Christ..well I finally figured out that is what she wanted. So, I took it down and let her hold it, but told her we needed to be careful with baby Jesus. She disappeared upstairs and just as I was starting to get annoyed that she was probably doing something naughty, I turned around and saw her wrapping baby Jesus in her baby blanket and laying him on a pillow....she said "shhhh...he sleeping". It literally brought a tear to my eye....children really have the sweetest spirits and I am so thankful for her...and reminding me the true meaning of Christmas!



Belle with her new Glow Bear from Santa and dancing to her Princess Sing Along DVD
Oh.....and 6 DAYS (or less) on the BABY COUNTDOWN!



5 comments:
So happy things went well for you even though you were on your own. We missed you in ML. Nice family picture, but tell Collin I dare him to smile in the next one!
I am glad you guys had a good Christmas. We sure missed you. I wish I was going to be there to mee that baby when she gets here. Love you all!!
Cute cute Christmas pics! Well, no signs of baby coming soon for us. She just doesn't want to come. Oh well, I have an appt scheduled for the 3rd if she hasn't come yet and we'll induce either that day or soon after. Good luck with everything! We are so excited for you guys! Love, Cam
What a fun Christmas!!! We miss you guys - - please let us know when the little babe arrives!!!! Holy cow, it's any minute!
Hey you! Way cute pics! We had so much fun hanging out with you guys. I'm so glad we had friends to be with on Christmas! I know you're really busy...but I was wondering if you get the chance if you could email me the picture you took of our family on Christmas. Thanks, you're the best! 4 days???
Post a Comment