Thursday, March 20, 2008

Blessing

Well, I know I am late posting this, but it was one crazy weekend! We packed the girls up and made the 10 hour drive to Denver on Thursday evening. Mom and Dad Earl got there on Friday afternoon, Tiff and Ryan flew in on Saturday morning, and we blessed both babies (Makenna and Owen) at church on Sunday with about 50 visitors between the two families. What an amazing experience to bless both of our little ones together, I will never forget it! It was crazy and chaotic (as usual) and completely awesome. We went out to eat and shop, and just hung out and visited. It went exactly as I would have wanted it to. It meant SO much to us to have friends and family there and travel to be with us on Kenna's big day. Thank you all for sharing in it with us, and we missed those of you who wanted to come but couldn't!!

Owen and Makenna

The whole gang!

Marlee and Makenna
Sisters and Cousins

With Auntie Tiff

12 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

Her blessing dress is so beautiful! What a crew. I love those Sundays when you walk into the chapel and think 'am i in the right ward? I don't recognize any of these people!'

Matt and Debbie said...

How exciting!! I've been checking daily to see when you would post some pictures. What a ton of people!! And such cute little babies! I bet that was really neat for your parents that day to have two grandbabies blessed. I noticed you pierced Kenna's ears... very cute! I'm still trying to convince Matt it's okay to do when Beka's a baby. I think if he had it his way, she'd have to wait until high school or something.

jordan.krogman said...

Awwww, what beautiful photos, Mandi! You guys make such a gorgeous family (and I have to say that I LOVE the outfit you're sporting there!) That pic of Owen and Makenna together is so sweet. . . you should have snuck that red chair home with you so that I can use it in photos! ;)

Kari said...

Oh my goodness what a sweet baby blessing and special too to have the cousins blessed the same day! ps You look much too good to have just had a baby!!!

Tiffany said...

I love that family! I wish that I could have been there!!

Nicole said...

Glad you guys are having a good time. What a neat time to have so much family together. Makenna looks so beautiful. What a little sweetie.

Christina said...

Thanks for inviting us. It was so good to see everyone again. Oh and last night was fun too. :)
PS-I LOVE your skirt!!!

Jenn said...

HEY! I want to do a blessing post, but I don't have any pics 'cause we took them all with your camera. Will you send me some?

maccam said...

what a beautiful dress! I love the pictures. You are amazing taking two little ones on a 10 hour drive! What a fun time to be with family though. Love, Cam

mumovearls said...

those are some great pictures-
love the family one of you
sorry we missed such a great time!-nena

Anonymous said...

I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window,
www.watch4milestones.org
Best wishes, Samantha

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Looks like a success! And might I also say that you are looking fantastic!! Great outfit! Kenna's dress is precious. She's growing up quickly! The family shot of the four of you is my fave.