Yesterday Makenna turned 4 months old. I am shocked every day at how fast the time is going. She is still a VERY sweet baby, although she is definitely finding her voice. She has started to suck her thumb (and other parts of her hand), she giggles, smiles constantly and this week started rolling over. She has been going from back to front, although she gets stuck on her second arm and kind of flops around a bit. The day she started doing it I took some pictures, it tired her out so bad she ended up rolling half way and falling asleep, I was cracking up.
(I had to put this picture up for 2 reasons 1: Her bald spot, and the fringe underneath ...LOVE IT, Marlee had the exact same thing! 2: Her CHUBBY legs.)
She is such a joy in our home and I couldn't imagine life without her. Life with 2 girls is actually quite enjoyable. Marlee is a WONDERFUL big sister and we have yet to have any kind of problem with her hurting the baby. She is always kissing her and saying "baby sister, don't be sad" if she cries. her other favorite things to say are "She's so tiny", and "She's so cute", or "I think she likes you" if anyone makes her smile. It will be interesting to see how they interact as Kenna gets older. As for now...life couldn't be better.
Marlee is almost potty-trained, Yay! She has been wearing panties for about a week and a half whenever we are home and has had like 3 or 4 accidents, not too shabby. She is well on her way thanks to a sticker poster and a big tub of gum-balls! Can't wait to be buying only one size of diapers! A few days ago at nap time she didn't want to wear a diaper to bed , so I let her wear her panties and told her I would put her potty in her room in case she needed to go. When I came up to check on her I found her sitting on the pot reading a book and talking to herself. She was so proud. The best part is she really went, #1 and #2! So impressive! I know the picture is not great, but I was trying to sneak it through the door without her seeing me, and she's got some SERIOUS bed-head from laying down. Oh well!






8 comments:
So cute!!! I'm not sure when Heather will be here. Sometime this summer I hope. Call me when you get here & we can all plan a zoo day together or something. :)
I love it! The falling asleep mid-roll and the potty during nap time (especially reading the book on the potty)--that's too great!! :)
Hey...you're going to be in Denver for the summer? Am I going to get to see you when I got there in July?
Too cute! Love those chunky little legs.
Just too cute!!!!! I love those girls!!!!!!
She is seriously beautiful. And congrats on the potty training! I cant wait...
Isn't it amazing that they are growing so FAST! I love that they are doing the same stuff. McKenna rolls over all the time too. We really do have to find an excuse to get those girls together....so sad about the Lake Powell trip. :( hmmm....I'll think about this. Great job on the potty training skills. What a BIG girl she is! (Plus I love the gymnastics! Good job Marlee!) Love, Cam
Blah,blah,blah, yes, they are absolutely adorable, but I am bitter that you are almost down to buyig ONE size of diapers...I'm up to three different sizes!
Mandi! I love all the pictures! Too cute! Your little girls are just growing up so fast! YES! We hope to actually see you guys this summer! That would be awesome!! :D Then maybe you could give me tips on how you survive with two children. We're hoping to be adding on soon!!! :D
Post a Comment