I took this picture Tuesday night. It was one of those strange natural phenomenons.
I had never seen anything like it. Like there was a crack in the glass of the skyor something.
Two completely different shades of blue.

What a whirlwind of a week. One week ago today was a pretty average Sunday. We got the phone call from Collins parents that evening that Aunt Tami was in the hospital and not doing well. Monday morning we got the call that she had passed and started making preparations to get to WA for the funeral on Friday. We are lucky enough to have a pilot in the family so we got some buddy passes ordered and made our way to the airport early Thursday morning. We got there plenty early and the chaos began. We waited through 2/ 30 minute United lines, then a 30 minute security line. When we got to the front of the line we handed them the passes and discovered that
BOTH had my name on them and they would not let us through security. Collin
RAN back to the United desk and got a new one but by the time he made it back to security and we
RAN to the
LAST GATE on the concourse our flight was leaving. We waited 3 1/2 hours for the next flight out and they told Collin he wouldn't be able to get on the plane in a T-Shirt. So, we found his hoodie and were good to go....so we thought. About 20 minutes before the 2nd flight the desk attendant let me know that he would not be allowing me on the plane in flip flops. Are you
KIDDING me? I explained out unfortunate circumstances and he said "sorry, I suggest you find other shoes". So, I RAN once again back to the main terminal to the
CROCS stand and had to pay $35 for some shoes. Unbelievable, but we made it and that is what is important.
The weekend, was crazy busy. We went right to Grandmas house from the airport and saw everyone, then changed and went to the viewing and then to Uncle Dave and Aunt Peggy's house for dinner. Friday we went to the funeral, then the cemetery, then to the luncheon and lastly to Uncle Jeff, and Aunt Becky's for dinner. It was so great to be with everyone. Aunt Tami was just one of those people that was full of life. On Friday Dad (Tom) put on some Dianna Ross that he had told us earlier in the day he and Tami would always dance to and the
ENTIRE family started a dance party. It was awesome.
I can't think of any other way that Tami would have wanted the day to end.
It was one of those weeks that make you really think about what is important in life. It was so good for us to all be together. I am so thankful for my family, and that I was so easily accepted into the
Earl family, they are one of a kind, and I am
proud to be one of them.
We made it back yesterday just in time for me and both my girls to get SICK, I have not felt this crappy in a long time!! We coughed all through the night and have been struggling all day...but at least we made it through the weekend.
10 comments:
I said it on Myca's post and I'll say it again... That is quite the week. I am so glad to hear that the funeral was a celebration of Tami. She would have liked that I am sure.
Thanks for putting us in the loop. Oh and get better fast! That sounds so crappy!
So sorry that everything was such a hassle! That sounds awful! The good news is that despite not being very stylish...Crocs are my FAVORITE shoes! They are so comfy!! So, did you guys fly first class or something is that why it was such a big deal? Anyway, I'm glad that everything ended up going well after the airport ordeal. Hopefully you all get better soon!!
Hey Mandi!So like I said...I blog stalk you sometimes (just because your girls are so stinkin' cute!) I found this on United's website. It was probably because you were flying on passes, but United does have a fairly strict dress code. Check it out -
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51003,00.html
Hope you are doing better!
Hey Mandi - it's Ashley Danes...so what a small world it is. Last week, my father-in-law's cousin Tami died in Washington. Then I got to thinking that your last name is Earl and that is Joseph's grandmother's maiden name. Long story short - I am pretty sure we are related! Joseph's grandma's name is Ann (Earl) Danes.
Man, that IS a crazy story! I didnt realize they could be so strict! Glad you got their safe, sorry to hear about your aunt! But its good that your honoring her instead of morning her! p.s. cool picture, thats crazy!
Gosh it was so good to have you with us this weekend.....made all the difference!
Oh man, sounds like my life last fall. Flying all over to attend funerals. It was so sad, but like you said, it has its way of bringing family together too. I liked the shoes story. haha, good ol' buddy passes!
What an amazing picture you took. It's hard to believe that it's real. I'm glad you guys were able to make it to the funeral. I heard everything allowed for a great closure and I hope everyone is doing well.
crap why do I start crying every time I read a post about her... I can't stop bawling today... I love you-n
Ok totally random comment but I think Jessica from so you think you can dance looks so much like you!
Post a Comment