Sunday, June 15, 2008

To the Dads I Love....

There are so many men that have influenced me and my life. I just wanted to give a shout out to my top 3.
My dad is kind of a quiet man. Growing up, he would always give us "the talk" when we did something wrong. He would sit us down and let us know that he was disappointed and we may get punished every now and again, but he would never scream at us or spank us...that I can remember at least, lol. He is such an intelligent man. He is someone that I have ALWAYS looked up to. He is very strong in his beliefs and taught me the value of hard work from day one. He has always had his priorities in line and has been an amazing provider for our family. Thank you, Dad, for teaching me the ups and downs of life and always being an amazing example.
I got my second dad in 2003. When I met the Earls in Feb of 03', I automatically bonded with Tom. He quickly became my friend, and luckily things worked out so he became my father-in-law. I TRULY love him like my own father. They are SO different, but they both teach me every day. Tom is so patient, and the eternal optimist. He is always there to calm me down when I start stressin' and to see the good in every situation. He is kind, loving AND we watch all the same shows so we can talk reality TV for hours.
Dad #3. Collin. Sometimes Collin is not the most focused person. I was a little nervous when we had Marlee if he would be very helpful, or just like another child. Lol, he is great. He is so sweet with Marlee and Kenna. I love nothing more than seeing him come home from school or work and watching the girls faces light up. He is a good disciplinarian but also so tender and loving. He loves to cuddle and even though he doesn't like to admit it, he is a sucker for his princesses. I can't wait til they are older and can learn and laugh with him. I know they will be close.
Thank you all for your love of me, and my kids. You are amazing men and I don't know what I would do without you. Happy Fathers Day!

1 comment:

Tom Earl said...

Ok that was way sweet! I have always loved you and I am so thankful that you are my daughter!