Friday, October 24, 2008

Sleep?

Poor Baby
Today was a long day. Last night, I went to bed about 11:30. Makenna woke up at 12:00 for the first time, screaming. I got her back down about 12:45. She woke up again at 2:00, screaming, got her back down at almost 3:00. Then AGAIN, screaming, at 4:00. What the??? For any of you who know my daughter, she is NOT a cryer...EVER. She is the most quiet and mild-mannered baby I think I have ever met (I am NOT complaining). Needless to say, I knew something was wrong. This morning I took her in to the Doc and he told me she has a double ear infection. Poor thing, of course she couldn't sleep. This is her first ear infection and first time on antibiotics. She looked so sad today, well behaved, just sad. She has those "sick eyes" that are kinda teary and red all day. It breaks my heart and I hope she feels better tomorrow. To top it off, I decided to take a nap while Marlee napped today to try to make up some sleep, but OF COURSE, she wouldn't go to sleep, so no nap for me either!
It is now almost midnight again and I just got home from the YW sleepover. I am REALLY hoping we both get some sleep tonight.
Tomorrow is "High School Musical Day", Marlee and I are going to Sioux City for the afternoon to see it. She is SOOOOO excited, I have been hearing about going the the theater all week! She was even self-dressed in a dress, shoes and hair done today when I got back from the Doctor and said, "Mom, I ready for the theater!" It was cute. I am excited to take her, she gets so excited for this kind of stuff.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I really hope you got some sleep last night. That sounds miserable! Yes, we are all here for Thanksgiving (as long as Heather & Jason get here on standby). We need to all get together. How long will you be here?

mumovearls said...

sorry about the sleep loss!- not fun1 But Marlee is cracking me up!-N