After almost 2 weeks of Thanksgiving vacation, we are finally home. Yesterday was a long day (as always when making this drive with the kids). I am SO blessed that my children got the "road warrior" gene from Collin. I have never enjoyed road trips...well the driving part anyway. I get very bored, restless and car sick. Collin and I always have such interesting conversations and without fail some serious playful banter. I always bug him to death because I am bored. Anyway, the weather was great, the girls were AMAZING (I didn't even have to whip out the DVD player until hour 7...and that wasn't even because she asked) and the trip was a success. I am glad to be home. I can not say the same for Marlee, however, who has been telling me all day she doesn't want South Dakota, and just wants to go back to Nana's house. She was spoiled rotten while we were there and Nana even let her sleep with her. Now, Marlee is back to her own bed and after fighting with her to get ready and stay in her own room this was her prayer word for word:
"Heavenly father, thank you for today, please bless me to sleep in mommy's bed, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen".
Wow....we're gonna have to work on this one. She is so silly. We are not even close to being unpacked or settled, but we are home. I am a tired, but happy camper.
4 comments:
So glad you're home safe and sound. We miss you already!
Remember - I love road trippin with ya! And I always let you have the front seat.......I'm glad you all made it home!!!!!! Love to all!!
I love the attitude! So cute that Marlee!
Welcome home! How in the world do you get your kids to travel so well? Abby can't even make it to Target (one block) :0
Post a Comment