Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sometimes Life Just Isn't Fair...

Some of you all know what has been going on this week...some don't. Instead of re-writing the whole story I am putting a link to my sister's (in-Law) blog. She explained it well. My feelings to a T.
This was hard for the whole family. We know him better than anyone, and know this was NOT a fair judgement by ANY means. But, sometimes life just isn't fair. It is all part of the plan. This affects all of us a little differently. Ryan had to be in the middle of it all, Mom and Dad...well that's obvious, for Collin and I it just causes a lot of confusion. We had made our decision to move there and felt really good about it... then something like this happens and you question everything. It is definitely scary. We don't know where the Lord wants us right now. I guess all we can really do is have faith, pray and wait to see where he brings us. It has been a long stressful, tear-filled week, but in the end we have what is important. Each other.
I love you Dad, you're one of the most amazing men I have EVER met.

10 comments:

Kim said...

This whole situation is so sad. No kidding, life is not fair!!

By the way, my two cents...ML is overrated!! (No offense to anyone, it's just how I see it.) :)

Kim said...

I mean LIVING in ML...I LOVE to visit!

Claire said...

here's what I posted on Myca's blog. I'm too lazy to type twice :)

I don't know you or your parents (I just got here from Mandi's blogs). First, I'll just second the "this sucks" sentiment. Second, I'll offer up my uncle's story, although he was actually in the wrong (but for a good reason). My uncle ended up losing his computer software engineering company and owed the IRS more than $100k because he didn't give over any payroll tax for his employees for a short period of time because he was using the money to pay them and not let them go during a bad market downturn. He felt it was more important for people to feed their kids than for him to give the IRS part of their paychecks and part of the company's funds. Needless to say, this was a bad business decision, it wrecked my aunt and uncle's standard of living just as they were approaching retirement and they have still not recovered (they are 70 now). He also made this decision without consulting his wife, so my aunt was caught by surprise by the whole thing and considered divorcing him. Over time, they mended the relationship and remembered that their marriage was more important than the money.

When I read your post, my first thought was an article I read earlier today in the February Ensign that talks about a kid getting caught in a blackberry bush and how even though it is unpleasant, it prevented the kid from possibly drowning in a pond. If you haven't read it, you should check it out. It was a perspective on adversity I had never really considered. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

wow, i had no idea that had happened to them. i can't believe people can get away with that! that's so awful. makes our futures seem a little scary. i'm so sorry for you and collin's fam. so, just curious, how does it rock your decision of wanting to move there still?

Tom Earl said...

I am in tears. I love you all!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

that makes sense. we'll pray for all of you! xoxo

maccam said...

We love them so much! It was so good to see them this weekend. We are praying so much. They are the sweetest people and do not deserve this! Love, Cam

ps I watched that video of MaKenna again and just wanted to hug her!!!!

maccam said...

ps. Mac just saw the video and goes, "What?! Are they the same baby in two different places?" What a CUTE little girl! Love, Cam

Matt and Debbie said...

What the?!?!?! I had to re-read all of that. My heart goes out to Collin's family. I have no idea what else to say.