Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No-Mo-Fro

I have been debating what to do with Marlee's hair for a long time now. It grows out very un-evenly and she has SUCH a FRO. It is SO hard to manage, especially since she is 3 and she still messes with it, and pulls it out, and changes her clothes 3 times a day. So, after the whole self-cut scissor fiasco I decided to just cut it short. I know... little girls are supposed to have long hair (especially if you ask my grandma!). Well, NOT when it is as crazy as Marlee's. I decided to give it a try and see if it would be easier for me to manage short, if not, I can always let it grow back out. Not like it was THAT long in the first place. I am a little sad that I won't be able to put it up cute, and we probably won't even be able to do piggies for a while, but I think it is still cute, and I hope taking that extra length and bulk out will help it not get as tangled and nappy as it did before. She really is Curly Sue. Everyone told me that when I finally cut it she would lose her curl... I don't think so people (although sometimes I wish she did!). Here are the before and afters...
(And I really didn't cut off as much as it looks like I did, it just curled up SO tight!)
BEFORE
(Don't worry, this was after I ran a brush through it, it's not always that nappy)
AFTER
She does NOT like me taking her picture.
No, she wasn't crying because I cut her hair... this is how she has looked ALL week. Poor thing. sinus infection, ear infection, coughing like CRAZY. It is really sad...those "sick eyes".

15 comments:

Jessica Bair said...

I think it looks super cute. When I first saw the pic I thought she was sad that you cut it. Was she excited that you finally cut her hair? I know she always askes you to.

Torey said...

I think it looks adorable. And it really isn't that short. I had visions of it only being 2 inches long all over her head. She looks beautiful!

Earl Family said...

I would give anything for that hair. Adorable!

Chelsie Wilde said...

It looks cute! She is such a cute girl, poor little sick thing! I still cant believe how curly it is!! It was good talking to you today!

ashleyboice said...

mandy...your marlee always has the cutest hair I have ever seen. Wow. I can't even manage to comb my boys hair. I can't imagine how my girls will look someday.

::lindsay said...

Marlee has beautiful hair! It looks great cut!

Matt and Debbie said...

I thought it was going to be boy-short! This is darling!!! Love it.

lysh said...

Love it!

maccam said...

She is beautiful with short or long hair! I love love love the curls! Love, Cam

Tonya Bennett said...

Her hair is adorable! I love her sweeping bangs. I am trying to grow Lauryn's bangs out and it's annoying. Marlee's hair grows faster than my poor little Lauryn's. You guys look great!

Stevenson's said...

Oh she's so cute. SHe looks older. It's a good thing your her mom. Because you do hair! I wouldn't know what to do. Missy's has a little curl, and I don't know what to do with it sometimes. Marlee looks so perfect.

mumovearls said...

Marlee I love your new hair cutt! it is so cute! -Love auntie Nena

Camille Huber said...

I love her hair that way!!!Its so cute!I love her hair, its so curly.
Tell Marlee i love he.
p.s i went camping with u guys.
camille

maccam said...

Ahh! What a fun time it would be in Vegas! I'm jealous that you guys are going. That weekend we have Mac's bro in town and have some family stuff, but man, it would be fun. Maybe some other trip....umm.... Love, Cam

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Hey, you should be set with our blog just so ya know. Me and Reese are looking at all the pics, and jammin out to Apologize. good song. She misses MarsBars. Love her hair, its so cute!