Kenna all decked out
We had an interesting Valentines Day this year. The day started out by taking Marlee to the branch primary activity, which of course, she loved. We picked her up and made our way to Sioux City. Collin and I were asked to be the speakers for the STAKE youth activity. I don't know what made them think that we were qualified to do that! Ha ha. Anyway, I thought it went pretty well. Marlee started coughing a little and saying she was "so cold" no matter what we did. We went to the mall anyway because we were already out there and thought she was just tired. Well, she went to the little play place at the mall and after only a few minutes, said she was done. Hmmm...we went to Red Robin for our V-Day dinner and she just laid down on Collin's lap the whole time. Poor baby, we decided we better go home. She slept the whole way home. We rented her a "Marlee movie" and brought her straight up to her room to lay down and watch it. Collin and I went down to watch our movie and about an hour in we heard her run to the bathroom and start throwing up. I HATE it when the kids throw up, it is so sad! Anyway, it kind of foiled our plans for a quiet, romantic evening, but oh well. She seems to be doing a little better today. She hasn't thrown up at all today, but is still running a fever. I am sure I have her first week of school to thank for this. I guess I should have seen it coming. Starting school is like moving to germ city... I just hope Kenna doesn't get it, she has been pretty cranky today...
We had an interesting Valentines Day this year. The day started out by taking Marlee to the branch primary activity, which of course, she loved. We picked her up and made our way to Sioux City. Collin and I were asked to be the speakers for the STAKE youth activity. I don't know what made them think that we were qualified to do that! Ha ha. Anyway, I thought it went pretty well. Marlee started coughing a little and saying she was "so cold" no matter what we did. We went to the mall anyway because we were already out there and thought she was just tired. Well, she went to the little play place at the mall and after only a few minutes, said she was done. Hmmm...we went to Red Robin for our V-Day dinner and she just laid down on Collin's lap the whole time. Poor baby, we decided we better go home. She slept the whole way home. We rented her a "Marlee movie" and brought her straight up to her room to lay down and watch it. Collin and I went down to watch our movie and about an hour in we heard her run to the bathroom and start throwing up. I HATE it when the kids throw up, it is so sad! Anyway, it kind of foiled our plans for a quiet, romantic evening, but oh well. She seems to be doing a little better today. She hasn't thrown up at all today, but is still running a fever. I am sure I have her first week of school to thank for this. I guess I should have seen it coming. Starting school is like moving to germ city... I just hope Kenna doesn't get it, she has been pretty cranky today...
Marlee was a being shy and only wanted me to take a picture of her "heart-hair" and not all of her. She is such a sass.
8 comments:
love,love,love the hair!!
PS sorry about the sickly kids. good luck with that. that's the pits
That "heart hair" is probably the cutest thing ever!
Yeah...Marlee is going to be bringing home ALL sorts of fun germs now. It's one of the only bad parts about sending them off to school. :c(
I LOVE Marlee's bangs!!!!! She looks so dang adorable in the pictures below this post. Where we you at with the yellow in the background? That really makes for an eye-catching setting for pics. (of course that's the first thing I'm going to notice! lol)
I'm working on Peyton's room right now, and hopefully will be finishing Hudson's up later this week. Then I am SO DONE decorating and painting for a while. Man does that ever take a lot of work and a lot of time!! But once I get the painting stuff cleaned up, I'd love to have a little Rivercourt Ladies get-together here...we could order pizzas or something and hang out before it gets to be too late.
Yup...that sounds like the same crap that Ava and Joseph had. Ava just woke up with an earache and will be seeing dr. krell before we leave for S.F. Sorry she got sick. School will do that. Anyway, the bangs look cute. I'll call you tomorrow. P.S. Ava was the only sunbeam today and there were ZERO nursery kids.
The hair is gorgeous! We miss our SD kids!!!!!
hey. love her hair, how darling! you're so creative, leave it to you! i'll get that little blog prob fixed, sorry i thought i was doing you a favor. haha. well, i haven't updated it with anything interesting in forever, so you're not missing much anyway. you guys get well soon!
crap, i lost your blogger account email. could you text or email it to me when you get a chance? sooooo sorry!
What would a holiday be like if someone in your house wasn't sick?! Hope she feels better. Yeah, your probably right about it coming from school. Still sounds like you had a great v-day. Marlee's hair is SO cute in that heart!!!! And Makena is a doll in her outfit!
Poor thing! Hope she feels better. We know what its like to be sick this past week. No fun for anyone. Marlee's heart hair is SO cute though. You're so inventive with hair!! :D Nicely done. I think I'll need lessons once we have a little girl. :D
Post a Comment