What is it that makes kids get sick EVERY time we go out of town? I just don't get it. Last weekend Makenna started acting a little fussy, she started drinking less, eating less, and sleeping more. Never a good sign. Finally Sunday we felt a little bud of a tooth starting to break through her bottom gums. FINALLY.....TEETH (or should I say, tooth?)! She is now almost 14 1/2 months old and is just now cutting her first tooth. Anyway, she hasn't eaten for about 4 days, and yesterday was the first day she started drinking a little better. I called her Doctor in SD because she has had diarrhea for the 4 days as well and then yesterday she threw up. Diarrhea+Vomit+Fever=dehydration. Not good. I got transferred around and finally ended up talking to a lady at the Children's Hospital wing of the hospital where I had Marlee. The lady told me that with everything I told her, if things didn't look up by this morning, we needed to bring her in. Luckily, even though she pooped out (for the 4th night in a row), she did pee a little bit too. She drank about 4 oz. this morning, which is good comparatively. I hope she is turning the corner, she has just been so miserable. I was gonna post some pictures of the girls , but I can't find my camera...so I will do it soon. We head back to SD on Sunday and then less than two months til graduation!!!
5 comments:
Poor Makenna!! It seems like she's had way too much of her share of sickness!! But yeah for the tooth. And early CONGRATS to your family for graduation (even though Collin will be on never-around mode until then)!!!
Oh no! I was hoping I would get to see you before you head back--sounds like you have your hands full! :) I'll have to see you when you are back for the summer...
Good luck!
My boys have been so sick too...I swear Tayden hasn't really eaten anything since Sunday. I am not even exaggerating. He had a temp of 101 for like 3 or 4 days. I hope he is turning the corner as well. Give the girls a kiss and I hope they get to feeling better.
Gosh I miss you all!
Seems like your kids have been sick all winter long! Poor guys! We just got over our share too. I can't believe that you're outta there in 2 months! I will be keeping my fingers crossed that we get to see you sometime during those 2 months. Did our little problem finally get fixed? I noticed I invited you, but typed the wrong email address. I put 101 instead of 01. Anyway, if you still can't see our blog, facebook or text me again. So sorry! If you can see it, comment so I can stop worrying about it!!!! xoxo!
Post a Comment