Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Omaha Zoo (Part 2)

So here is the story behind our weekend. The girls and I took off for Lincoln after Marlee got done with school on Thursday. We were going to meet my life-long friend Abby and her baby boy Chase. We stayed at Megan's house, a friend of Abby's from high school. It was so nice of her to let us all crash there, and she was SO much fun and a great help with the kids. We got there (to Megan's)around 4:00. We met baby Chase and hung out with them for a couple hours, went to dinner, hit up Target (THANK YOU....oh, how I miss Target) and went back to go to bed. Friday we woke up and got ready to head to Omaha. It is about an hour drive.
We had SO much fun at the zoo. The aquarium and the gorilla's were my favorite parts. They had these cool little bubble things that you could crawl in and actually kind of be in the habitat with that animals. It really is a cool Zoo.

This African Lion was CRAZY! I swear if this glass wasn't there we would have all been dead. He had a crazy look in his eye and he was eating his own tail! It was all scarred and bleeding. Really creepy!

The butterfly pavillion was cool. They have a place at the end with a big mirror where you have to check for "hitch hiking butterflies"

The aquarium was amazing. They had a walkway that was all the glass tank and the sharks and sting rays could swim right over the top of you. Marlee was scared to go in at first but, once I told her it was just Bruce and Dori she felt ok about it.

(Us in the walkway. It didn't turn out very good, but it's one of the only ones I had with all of us in it!)

Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures with Me, Abby and Megan...maybe next time. Thanks girls for a fun trip!

5 comments:

Torey said...

So did you totally love the Omaha Zoo or what?? It is my favorite. I'm hoping to buy a season pass this week and then I'll be taking the kids there once a week or so (I hope). Such great pictures - I'll have to copycat when I visit.

Torey said...

And you must drive fast (I'm pretty sure it's closer to 2 hours from Vermillion). :)

Earl Family said...

How very fun! The sharks kind of freaked me out a little :)

Mandi said...

Ha Torey... I don't drive that fast! We were in Lincoln, not Vermillion!

Torey said...

That makes so much more sense. One hour from Lincoln to Omaha. Two hours from Vermillion to Omaha. :)