Saturday, April 04, 2009

Time Flies...

I guess I have been having fun lately, because time is FLYING by. I am in SHOCK that we are into April and graduation is in a MONTH! How did this happen? We had a crazy busy week this week. After Tom and Gail left, it was back to life. School, Dr. appointments, and chaos. I had a Dr. appointment on Wednesday with my ENT, I have been having some weird headaches the last few weeks and they wanted to make sure my sinus's looked ok. They did...which I guess I am glad about....but then what the heck are these headaches? I think I might be turning into my mom and grinding my teeth at night while I sleep. It is kind of radiating from my jaw...oh well.

Makenna
had her 15 MONTH well check on Thursday I can't believe she is already that old. Everything looks good....well, almost everything. She STILL isn't walking. She took a FEW very small steps at church last week, but that's about it. The Dr. says that "normally" they walk by fifteen months, but not always. He also said that judging by her calm and observant personality he thinks it is more of a personality issue than anything else. I think he is right. She has always been the quiet observer. Much more cautious than most kids her age. I think, and hope, that's all it is. He is giving her 4 weeks and then if she still isn't walking, he will send her to PT. She still only has about half of her bottom two teeth in, but is enjoying being able to eat a LITTLE better. She is still sweet and pretty quiet, but she is definitely becoming more and more vocal each day. She is starting to throw fits (I know, crazy!) and sass her sister. It's kind of funny. She is still my sweet little baby.
(kenna at 6 months)
Here are her stats:
Height: 29 3/4 " - 50%
Head: (can't read the exact measurement)- 75%
Weight: 23 lbs. even - 50%.......say WHAT? How do you have thighs like that and only make the 50%?
Everything else looks good. She is right on target for everything except the walking...stubborn little baby.
She is SUCH a Daddy's girl. She fell asleep on Collin at church on Sunday, and I HAD to catch it on my phone...so sweet.

Marlee had her first dentist appointment on Thursday as well (I know, a little late). She was excited, and everything went very well. She liked the dentist, and her teeth look really good. She even got a cool new toothbrush and a jump rope. The only thing the dentist said was that her teeth look nice right now, but that means there isn't much room for bigger teeth...meaning, start saving for braces. Uuuuggghhhh....I guess we'll see.She wanted to show off her gear from the Dentist and the Happy Meal she got on the way home for acting like such a big girl!
And of coarse, showing off her clean teeth...even though she looks like she's getting ready to eat me...

Couple little things, I had to write this down for future reference. Marlee is such a funny kid. We were at Wal-Mart a couple weeks back in the check out line and she says (quoting "Mama-Mia" for those who don't recognize the words)
"Little boys who play with fire, get their fingers burned", and then goes on to SING very loudly "Your so HOT, teasing ME".....wow. That was embarrassing. She just LOVES that movie, I probably shouldn't even let her watch it, but oh well.

Then yesterday I was in bed in the morning, not feeling very well and Marlee wanted to "get Kenna up" because she heard her starting to fuss. She always goes in there and jumps in her crib with her and they play for a while. Well, from my room I hear Marlee's impression of the Little Mermaid "Aaaaahhhhh-aaaaaahhhhh-aaaaaahhhhh-aaaaaahhhhh" then I hear Kenna start to echo her in not quite as musical a manner "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH-AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" and then they both just BUST UP laughing. Then they repeat, Marlee then Kenna.... then LAUGHING. Then again.... oh my gosh. I was just sitting on my bed in the other room with tears running down my face from laughing so hard. It totally made my day. Man, I love those little stinkers.

Well, I am off. Marlee and I have a date at the theatre. We're going to see Monsters vs. Aliens because they cancelled the Easter Egg Hunt that was supposed to be this morning. She was devastated.

8 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

These stories are priceless and they make me smile. What a joy!!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

The girls are growing so fast! Can't believe it. So, any idea if you guys are gonna make it out to the hills before you move? i really wanna see you!!!

Kim said...

No worries. Elsie didn't walk until she two weeks before she was 18 months old!

Your girls are so cute. Glad to hear they are doing well.

Matt and Debbie said...

Matt's little brother didn't walk until 18 months as well. He's very normal today. But, it always makes you wonder if everything's okay... Love Kenna's hair, all curly and cute and finally growing!!

Claire said...

I'm sure Kenna is fine :) Rejeanne didn't even really try to walk until she was about 15 and a half months, but she went from taking a couple steps to walking like a pro in about 2-3 weeks (maybe less). She was also pretty cautious with anything new she tried at that age. Of course, now she scales furniture and bookcases and uses a WHEELED chair to try to get in the kitchen cabinets!

Nice to see ya bloggin' again!

Stevenson's said...

Kenna is probably fine, like everyone says. Parker didn't walk until 15 months. If anything that's good that she's getting her cordination down by crawling :) That wind is wild. It must be everywhere AZ has been VERY windy lately. Glad that wasn't you guys, made me worried with your luck :p j/k love you!!!

mumovearls said...

Sweet Hendrix has this same vest in pink! she LOVES it... wears it with her swim suit on most days... hmmmm whatever.-n

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oh my gosh, that walmart story is hilarious! What a little performer! Glad your neighbors are ok. Scary! Your girls are so dang cute.