Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back to the "Hostible"


Well, today is the end of another long day. We thought Marlee was doing better yesterday. She still didn't eat or drink much, but she wasn't throwing up either. Just serious diarrhea issues. This morning she woke up clutching her tummy and just sobbing. It broke my heart. About 30 minutes after that she started having a massive diarrhea attack, then about 5 minutes later the vomiting started. Then, repeat. She was a MESS. I have never seen her so miserable. She was white as a ghost and acting REALLY tired and lethargic. I have to be honest, I was scared. I called to nurse line and they told me to bring her back in. By the time we got back to Children's Hospital she was barely with it. The doctor came in and Marlee couldn't even keep her poor little eyes open long enough to answer the Doctors questions. She could tell right away something was wrong. She was seriously dehydrated. They started an IV and got some blood for testing. They also took some films of her little tummy to make sure everything looked normal. After the bag of fluids she looked much better. She was able to stay awake and even asked for some crackers. After 5 hours we were able to bring her back home. Thank goodness. They still think she just has a nasty bug, that for some reason hit her harder than some. It has now been a week of this, and I really hope we are almost done...and that no one else gets it. Wish us luck!

I am so thankful for nice nurses who are good with kids. It was so sad and hard to watch her today, but the guy who did her IV brought her back a teddy bear to "watch over her" while her arm was "drinking some juice". Made things a little easier...for all of us.

8 comments:

maccam said...

Poor little girl! ...and poor you! I agree, that picture of me looks like a hippo about to attack. At least, you look fabulous. I hope that little girl feels much better soon! Love, Cam

Chelsie Wilde said...

Poor thing!! It is soooo hard to see your little ones sick! I hope she starts feeling better soon! That picture breaks my heart!

Claire said...

Poor Miss Marlee! I'm glad that guy brought her a bear. They did that for Rejeanne when she had to have some follow-up junk done when she was a year old (it involved a catheter and a big scary machine). That bear helped her SO MUCH. I couldn't get her to let go of it for about two days. I hope Marlee is over this quickly. You'd think after a week, she'd be on the mend soon.

Torey said...

I hope she gets feeling better soon. Poor little girl. :(

thomas family said...

Marlee,
We hope you feel better very soon, we are sad that you had to go to the hostible and that you feel icky. Alyssa says she loves you and hopes to see you soon. Take care.
Love- Michael, Jenni, Alyssa & Emma

The Workmans said...

I really hope she is on her way to recover. I feel so bad for her. Did they test her stool for rotovirus?

Stevenson's said...

Wow.. hope this all gets over with SOON! So sorry to see you all going through this. Get better soon Marlee!!!

mumovearls said...

Oh! my poor baby! malee you have to get better so we can swim and play this next week! Hendrix is SOOOOO Looking forward to seeing you! We love you! Hugs and Kisses!-N