We made it back from South Dakota yesterday, after a long week with 5 kids in our little town house. Marlee has been sick for a few days, so she and Kenna didn't come to church with us. We were sitting in the last hour of church and they came in and said "there is a tornado warning, everyone needs to get in the gym" well, you know me, so the first thing I did was run out the door.... there were about five ladies that went out and this is what we saw:
The picture does not even do it justice, it was taken on my phone. It would get bigger, and then shrink back up, and then come back down. It was scary and exciting at the same time. There was hail the size of golf balls or bigger (not exaggerating).
The picture does not even do it justice, it was taken on my phone. It would get bigger, and then shrink back up, and then come back down. It was scary and exciting at the same time. There was hail the size of golf balls or bigger (not exaggerating). I am glad my two little munchkins were at home safe in the basement at my mom and dads with their Daddy.
We were only a mile or so from South Lands (mall) and that is where the Tornado actually touched down and caused some damage.....CRAZY! I think I am done playing Dorothy for now...
7 comments:
Darn it! I wish we could get some exciting weather in SD. Just cold rain is all we've had the last few days.
OH my goodness! That is so crazy and slightly exciting (after the fact, when you know that you are safe!). I hope you guys stay out of the danger zone!
So funny you say that Jess, because one of the first things I told my mom when we got back inside was "Jess is gonna be so jealous! She has been wanting exciting weather!"
WHAT?? I would have peed my pants
That is CRAZY! My little brother is sitting here looking at it and he is in AWWW. He wants to be a tornado chaser when he grows up :). I am glad no one was hurt!!
OH MY GOODNESS! I would have peed my pants too! That is CRAZY! What is with you guys and crazy weather? (Like the tree that fell at your neighbors house.) Wow! I'm glad to hear you guys were okay! Love, Cam
Not to sound like the weird guy at a party everyone just looks at then turns away from, but that's awesome. I was in about 3 tornados while on my mission. I have some pictures of the aftermath, and the GOLF BALL size hail that broke our bedroom window. I know exactly what you're talking about with the whole scary/exciting feeling. Now we have something else in common Mandi...maybe next time I call your phone looking for your husband, you won't be so quick to locate him. :)
Post a Comment