Every year my family goes to the Rockies game for the 4th of July fireworks. This year was no exception. We flew in from Boise on the EARLY morning flight (I had to wake my girls up at 4:30 am)what a pain in the but, but I am so glad we did it. I have to admit, I did NOT even recognize my husband for a minute at the airport...the BAR has NOT been good to him while we were away. He desperately needed a haircut and a shave. So, we did that, gave him a shower, bought him some new clothes and he was a whole new man! Around 4 we left for the game. It started poring rain on the way there, but luckily it cleared right up and the weather for the game was perfect, and they won! We all had such a good time and the firework show was AMAZING this year.While I was listening to the music and watching the show I was definitely tearing up hearing "I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me" it hit me how truly blessed we are to live in this country and to have men/women with such honor and integrity to fight for it. I am so thankful for those men/women (especially the ones dear to our hearts, that we miss and pray for while they are away) who risk their lives everyday so that I can have the life I want for my family. I feel bad for taking it for granted so many days out of the year. I am so blessed, happy fourth!
Self portrait... 





We did a quick change into jammies between the game and the show...
I will be posting about our last few weeks in Moses Lake and Boise...
3 comments:
What a fun family tradition! I loved seeing all your pictures and am glad you're back with Collin to take care of him. I love your dad, and his Rockies hat too!
Makenna is getting so grown up all of the sudden!! what a grogeous little girl, loving the curls!
poor collin... that was troy last year studying for the boards. he was so run down. hope the time flies faster, and good luck to him on the big exam!
Post a Comment