Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wet N Wild

Let me just start this post by saying that I am aware that there are some moms out there that are going to see this post and gasp in horror that I actually let my kids do this.....all I have to say is....oh well. On Thursday morning I packed up the girls up and the 3 of us made our way back to South Dakota. We left at about 7:30 and pulled in about 7 SD time. It made for a long day. When I got in the house there were ants there to greet us. So not cool. Anyway, after finding several little things that had gone wrong while I was away (including that someone, probably the landlady, was in our place and left the lights on for who knows how many weeks) I was exhausted and frustrated.
The weather here has apparently been wet and humid the last little while. Yesterday the kids were desperate to go outside and play, and after keeping them inside and dry ALL DAY I finally gave up after dinner. I stripped Makenna down to her diaper, Marlee jumped into her suit and they all went nuts. We did make them stay in the grass (instead of the sandbox), but I didn't really realize how deep the water really was until Makenna went down the slide and I saw this:When she stood up with grass sticking out of her nose and mud in her eye I realized how gross this really was...oh well! All the neighborhood kids sure had a great time!
After much scrubbing, about a half a bottle of soap, and a bottle Makenna went to sleep at about 7:15, and slept until almost 11:00 today! Maybe I should let her play in the filth more often!We caught a few frogs too!
Our VERY dirty Marlee and Karla

9 comments:

Christina said...

That is hilarious! I LOVE IT!!!

Earl Family said...

That is awesome! You score some great mom moments in my book. Well done!

Natalie said...

That is AWESOME! Looks like they had a ton of fun. :D

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

i totally let reese do that when we lived there once. probably in that same spot. i have hilarious pics. i love the first one of makenna, that made laugh out loud. glad your back!

Chelsie Wilde said...

Looks like fun to me! I am sure they had a blast!

Matt and Debbie said...

That's awesome!! You're a great mommy.

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

sometimes you just gotta give! And it probably wasn't as bad as you thought. The kids must love you more now then ever!

maccam said...

What a CLASSIC picture! That is so awesome. I wish it wasn't soo freak'n hot that I would go outside with McKenna more. So sorry about all the ants! Yuck! Love, Cam

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

It's been said, but the first thing that popped in my head, THAT IS AWESOME!! How fun!