Sunday, August 09, 2009

"Home"

So I am kind of feeling like I don't really know where "home" is right now. We made it to Colorado. We unloaded the truck today, and now get to unpack. Yuck. Yesterday was horrible....the goodbye's were hard.
*Special shout out to Jessica for bringing me puppy-chow for the road(my favorite). Melissa for bringing me cookies. And Jordan for bringing activity books for the girls for the ride.*

We made it about 20 minutes out of Vermillion and Marlee said "Mom... is somebody else gonna live in our house?" I frowned and said "yeah, Marlee, eventually...someone else will live there". She got all upset and yelled "OH, MAN!". She is tender today and realizing things are different. I am glad to be here, and done with the moving itself, but I already miss Vermillion.
Tomorrow, we do laundry and get ready to head out to the Earl reunion in Washington on Tuesday. So stressful.
Speaking of stress, after a second round of blood tests, my doctor has decided to treat me for an ulcer. His first thought was that I was pregnant...but, I'm NOT. After 2+ weeks of nausea and vomiting every day, they decided that is probably what it is. At least now I know, and I am starting to wean off the Zofran and just take the other meds. I am SO sick of drugs. I think a week of vacation with the fam is just what we all need right now. Can't wait. Moses Lake, here we come!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Oh bummer-it is no wonder you have an ulcer after all the stress lately!!! Welcome to Denver! Let's get together when you are back in town. :)

Matt and Debbie said...

An ulcer?!?! Jeez. Enjoy your vacation and especially enjoy having Collin around again.

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Gee, you and Sarah. (with an ulcer). So, where are you calling home? Did you find a place to live? Or are you doing what we're doing for a while? :) I hope you feel better, and have a great trip!

Lucas said...

I freakin miss you.