Monday, October 26, 2009

Kenna

(pardon her orange teeth...she was eating a pumpkin cookie)
So, I am feeling a little bit guilty. Looking back at my blog lately, it is very Marlee heavy. I don't want you all forgetting I do have another little princess at home. She hasn't been neglected in real life as much as on the blog, I promise!

She is at SUCH a funny stage right now. She will be 22 months on Sunday. I can't believe she is almost 2. She is SO hilarious, I can't get enough of her babbling. She seems to be talking so much more, so much earlier then Marlee did...or maybe I just don't remember very well. Some of her favorite things to say lately are:
  • "I poop in the potty"
  • "I love you mommy" (or sissy, or daddy)
  • "No, it's MINE" The other day she even added a "GOSH DANG IT" at the end.
  • "I miss you"
  • "I'm hungry"
  • "shoes on" - if she so much as sees anyone think about leaving, she RUNS to the shoe basket, grabs her shoes and yells "shoes on, shoes on!!"
  • "aaaawww, my blankie"
  • "Bless you!"
  • "I'm sassy!"
  • "Mom, where's Collin?" -When daddy is at work
  • "I wanna brush tooth"-she's obsessed with brushing her teeth.
She can count to 10...kind of. It's a little more like "1,2,3,4,5.....7.......9....10!" I'm hoping to get a little clip of it on my cell phone or something soon. She also likes to sing her ABC's...although she doesn't get far past C!
She runs around NON STOP. For those who knew her as an infant...she is pretty much the exact opposite now. She is still sweet, but she is always talking, and running. She is a total ham, and loves making people laugh. I'm pretty sure she will be my "naughty child". Not because she actually is naughty, but she is just so curious...she get's into a lot more than Marlee ever did.

She still only has 4 front teeth on top and still the same two middle on bottom. She is cutting some molars, but has a long way to go before her little mouth is full.
I love her SO much, and I appreciate her ability to make me smile every single day...even the bad ones.
I love you sweet Kenna!

4 comments:

Claire said...

Kenna is so big now! She's talking a lot too. That is so awesome. I'm hoping Cyrus will talk before he is three since Crimson and Rejeanne didn't really do much of that.

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

her little whale shirt is too cute. wish our little toddlers lived next to each other so they could be friends! i can't believe she's almost 2 either! (or that she's going #2 on the potty chair- wow!)

Mandi said...

Rachel-don't get to impressed. She's only done it a few times. She says it a lot more than she actually does it!

The Hoyt's said...

She is soo big and cute! I hope we get to see each other again soon.