Tonight was one of the nights that I dread. It started out so nicely. Collin got home from work, we laughed and played with the girls, and decided that for family night we would go rent a "Marlee movie", get some pizza and treats and all have movie night. We went to the video store, picked out the movies and a treat and jumped back in the car to head home. That's when it started. Marlee wanted to eat her treat before we had dinner... so, I said no. She got upset and started being rude, so I told her to cool it, or she wouldn't get a treat. She didn't, so she lost her treat, then Daddy decided to lay the smack down and tell her to apologize, or no movie. No apology....which led to no movie, which lead to a lot of screaming, which lead to no dinner, which lead to more screaming. It was a mess. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! I heard her yelling things downstairs at Collin like "You lied to me!!" and "I'm SO ANGRY!!" or "I HATE bed!!". So she screamed herself to an early bedtime. No movie, no dinner, no FHE. What a sad night!
The worst part was her face, and her screaming "MOMMY PLEASE...NO, I WANT MOMMY" as daddy dragged her away. Makes me feel so guilty, but I know that she learned a lesson. Hopefully one she will not forget, because I REALLY don't want to do this again.
6 comments:
That is a major flashback !!!!!
I think something like this happens to all of us parents. Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I get upset. Its hard to keep a firm hand, but it pays off. Jacob's never acted up again on movie night particularly when it relates to him losing his popcorn. We miss you guys!
Oh Mandi! That's the worst! It made me so sad for you but I kind of can't stop giggling about it too because ISN'T THAT THE TRUTH! That is SO parenthood, right there. You want to do fun things with/for your kids and it can just go downhill so quickly. I had to lay the smack down all day today. I feel your pain.
Dad-
Collin told me last night about the time he stood in front of those windows(in the old house) and screamed "I HATE YOU" at mom because she wouldn't let him go see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the thatre... life is tough all over.
I hear ya girl! We have definitely had our moments like that here and McKenna is 1! Oh dear for me. Your MaKenna looks like a grown up little girl! I cannot believe how big they are getting! She is so beautiful! Love, Cam
so sad. It's one of those things, where you stop in the middle of disciplining and just don't want to do it, because it just ruins the fun plans. But then you also have to follow through or else you would b doing everything against "the books" funny story though, one you'll want to remember.
Post a Comment