Sunday, November 29, 2009

These Are the Moments

Makenna said her first real prayer tonight. It made me cry. She has tried a few times before, but is easily side tracked and doesn't usually finish. Tonight, we read family scriptures and she wanted to say the prayer. She started by herself, said she was thankful for the day and then needed help. She said everything I helped her with, and crystal clear. It seriously brought tears to my eyes. She is so stinkin' naughty sometimes, it makes me crazy...but, the moments like tonight make all the madness worth it. I would give anything to always be able to hear that little voice saying her prayers. I love my little girls!!!

5 comments:

Jessica Bair said...

I love to hear my kids pray. They always say the sweetest things.

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Those are such great paydays aren't they. The days you know you haven't totally screwed them up!

We are not coming out there anytime soon..... but Conor and Katie are coming here for christmas, I could send it back. Or it's pretty cheap to just mail it to ya! I'll e-mail you some fabric samples soon!

liz
P.S. I miss you!

Claire said...

That is so sweet! I can't even get my kids to fold their arms! lol

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

How sweet is that. I wish we knew her better! She's so cute!

Corbin said...

i might steal her. she loves me most