Monday, January 04, 2010

New Years Baby

My BABY is TWO!!! How did that happen?? It seems like Kenna should be turning one... I don't understand how two years have already passed since we had her. She is such a sweet and silly little thing. She LOVES her big sissy, and usually runs to hug her in the mornings yelling "it's Mar-Mar, it's Mar-Mar!". She is a cuddler, which I love. She talks like she is about 15. She makes me laugh every single day with some of the things she says.
This week she got in trouble and as I was getting more serious with her and scolding her she told me "Mommy, you a stinker (actually sounds more like steenter), you go time out!" I said "you don't talk to mommy that way, you go to time out". To which she replied "no....YOU go to time out, I don't like time out!".
Last night as I was changing her diaper and making her laugh, I said "you are so cute!" and she said "no, YOU'RE cute!" and we went back and forth a few times until she finally said "Mamma, trust me....YOU'RE cute!"
She is such a funny and sassy little girl. She has changed SO much since she was an infant. I was always afraid that since she was so painfully quiet, she would grow up to be shy...yeah, not a problem. She can't wait to go to school, and she already LOVES to learn.
She got a Dora bike for her birthday (she LOVES Dora and Boots) and as I finished putting it together, she jumped on and said "gracias mamma, gracias!!" Apparently, she thinks she speaks Spanish!
I think I am having a harder time with her turning two than with Marlee, because when Marlee turned two I was already like 5 months pregnant with Makenna. We had always said we wanted our kids 2 years apart....that is slowly slipping to 3. I know the time will come, but I am just wanting to keep her as little as possible for now. I guess I have no control over it...

Happy Birthday to my sweet New Years Baby!
She was so excited about her Dora nightie, she started stripping down right there!

She got one of her favorite books, she was "reading" it to us...

Her face when she saw her new bike! It even has turn signals and a horn!

3 comments:

Angie said...

So stinkin' cute. BTW, who took those fantastic pictures?

Chelsie Wilde said...

I cant believe she is already two! Looks like she had a fun birthday and a super fun Christmas! Its always fun to be able to spend it with family!! Cute cute girls!

Paris said...

Happy Birthday Kenna. She is so darn cute.