Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just One More...

I promise his will be my last video of Kenna for a while!! = ) She just keeps surprising me. We learned today that not only will she pick the letter off a page, but when I ask her what a letter is, she will tell me. She LOVES this book she found at my sisters house today, so we had to borrow it. She just sat there reading the letters to us while we were in shock!!

8 comments:

Earl Family said...

AmaZinG!!!

What a little smarty pants. I wish some of it would rub off on my 6 year old :)

Laena said...

Aawww... Mandi, you are such a cute mommy. This makes me want a baby so bad. I miss teaching little kids. I think I just need one of my own so I can teach her every day :) You have a very smart little girl!

lysh said...

I'm impressed! Love the bath tub story too!

Melissa said...

WOW! She's quite the girl... She's only 2 isn't she? Can't wait to see you all... Soon

Claire said...

I was able to read by age 3 and I know several other people who did the same, so if you start thinking she has memorized her books, you might discover she is actually READING them!! My mom only figured out I could read when I asked her what "murder" was because I was reading the newspaper on the kitchen table! (she thought I just memorized all the story books) Kenna's letter knowledge is awesome! Also, I like the videos :) Keep 'em coming

Mandi said...

Melissa-Yes, she just turned 2 last month. And we are SO excited to see you too!
Claire- I know she didn't memorize the book, because she was telling them to us the first time she saw the book, it's my sisters. She will tell us the letters no matter what they are on. She cracks me up because she is always wanting to read! I'm not complaining though!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Wow, do you do any programs that teach her, or is it just learning from Marlee? I can't believe she's potty training too, we're behind in all these milestones aparently!

So, I have to let you know, we aren't staying at the Holiday Inn anymore. All of our families preferred to stay in Sioux Falls, so we'll be staying up there, but we're still going to the Dome on Sat. morning, and hopefully we'll be able to hook up with you guys there, and as much as possible. Troy's part of the graduation is in SF at 5:00 on Friday, so it makes more sense to stay the night up there rather than drive to verm that night. Soooo, as it gets closer, we'll have to plan out the details of when we'll be able to see you guys! We are so excited! And, hopefully the news of us switching hotels isn't too big of a bummer!

Stevenson's said...

WOw, that is so cute to see how little she is and so dang smart! Nice job mama! I'm trying to get missy to learn her colors..:) I better get on that and move to letters! The videos are awesome. Miss u