Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Quick Visit

A couple of weeks ago, Grandma and Grandpa Earl came to visit. It was a really quick trip, but it was SO fun to see them. Our girls really miss them when they are gone.
Friday morning we picked them up from the Colorado Springs airport and showed them Collin's office. We went to lunch with his boss, and then went around and looked at some houses. Marlee spent the whole day attached to Grandmas hip! We went to Garden of the Gods and had a nice walk around the park. It is gorgeous there and it was a prefect day. We saw these CRAZY climbers while we were walking. They made me SO nervous!
(once again, these were all taken with my Iphone, so I know they suck)We drove through Manitou Springs (a REALLY cool little town where we went on our honeymoon), and then decided to head back down towards Denver. We met my parents and our friend Ryan at Jim and Nicks for dinner and then went to a late showing of Percy Jackson (which I actually enjoyed!).
Saturday morning, we woke up and I did moms hair (she always want her hair done when she's in town) and then went to Smashburger. We met some good family friends Connor and Katie and their precious baby girl (kind of made me baby hungry!). They live fairly close to us, but for some reason we still hadn't seen them since we moved back.

After that we hung out for a bit and then had to take them to the airport! I HATE that they had to leave so quickly, but LOVE any time we can get. We are kind of the "outcasts" now, if you will. 3 of Collin's 4 siblings now live in Boise and see each other all the time, so we have to live it up when people come here to visit!

(Kenna finally got to wear her I Love Grandpa shirt) Thanks for a great weekend! We miss you already!!!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Can you email me a copy of that picture? That sure was fun!

Tom Earl said...

Ok -- that was such a great quick trip! We love you!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

wow, that marlee is getting so pretty! both girls are darling!

Natalie said...

Mandi! Glad you guys got some family time, that's always a blast. LOVE the pictures even though they are iPhone pics. Your girls are always beautiful. I LOVE Garden of the Gods, Joe proposed there and we've also done a Manitou Springs trip with Randall & Andrea (you know them dontcha??). GOOD times.
Love the Easter dresses too! SO cute. Glad you're posting again. :D

Its also nice to know that other people stay "close" for their honeymoons. We stayed in a cabin up in Fairplay for ours. Wouldn't trade it for anything. :D

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Wish I were there!

Chelsie Wilde said...

Isn't this nice weather amazing! Looks like you guys are having fun! I was just thinking while I was looking at these pictures how crazy it is that I havent even met MaKenna! Its been so long since we have seen you guys! What cute little girls! Cant wait until we can all get together and play!