Monday, May 10, 2010

Good Times, Great Oldies

This is going to be a long post! Believe it or not, I REALLY cut down on the pictures!

We went to Vermillion over the weekend. We have been planning this trip since last year before we moved. It was one more chance for most of us to get back together for what could be the last time. We had three families that we are close with that graduated this year. The Howard's, the Bair's and the Brooks'. Marlee has been anticipating this trip for MONTHS and was to excited to be back with her"chiclets" and Ava. We got there Tuesday afternoon and Nicole and the girls met us at the hotel. Right off the bat, they giggled and hugged and acted like no time had passed.
I LOVED seeing Marlee so happy, she REALLY misses it there.
That night we had dinner at our old complex and the kids just played, then we went swimming. After the kids went to bed, it was girls game night which I missed SO much!
Wednesday we hung out and went swimming..a couple times.


Thursday Troy and Rachel came into town early and we let all the kids play outside.
Reese was Marlee's first little friend when we moved to Vermillion, and Rachel was one of mine, so I was glad they got to come down for the day so we could see each other.Our husbands were sweet enough to stay home with all the kids so all the women could go out to Silk Road for a quiet lunch. It was so nice to just sit and catch up.
That night Collin and I went to Sioux Falls and had dinner with one of his old professors. Nichole was sweet enough to watch the girls for us, and then Marlee got to spend the night there.Friday we went swimming, again, and then went to Sam and Blain's graduation party. The boys went to Sioux City afterwards and saw Iron Man 2. I'm not sure how they all escaped the week without pictures...
Saturday we swam a little and then we all went out to Rose and Jay's for a fun filled evening. They own like 14 acres outside of town. We had a campfire, they put up the bouncy house, the boys went shooting and we went on the four wheeler it was a BLAST!
Sunday was baby Corban's blessing so we went to church for the first hour and then jumped into the car to head home. It broke my heart. Marlee was in tears and it was very hard to go. After about 9 1/2 hours we made it home safely and are glad to be back to "normal". We are all exhausted from the busy week, but it was SO worth it. Thanks to all who made it such a great trip. We love you, and miss you already!

4 comments:

Matt and Debbie said...

Oh, I miss small town Vermillion! I got your text. Looks like you guys had a blast.

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Mandi, I'm glad we got to see you for the time that we did. I so wish it could have been longer, but it was so great for the time that we had. I really hope its not 10 years before we see you guys again, that broke my heart when we thought about it. I'm so glad you guys had such a fun filled week. We love you guys!

PS- If you get a chance, could you email some of those pics to me? Like the one of Reese and Marlee. Do I have any that you want me to email? Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! I am up blogging again so check it out. We miss you guys. The girls have not stopped talking about you guys since you went back to Denver. We Love You!! email some pics please.

Paris said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I wish I could have been there. I miss those girls nights soooo bad!!!!