Sunday, January 06, 2008

Makenna Update

5 Days Old
Well, we are home from the hospital and adjusting quite well. We got home Thursday afternoon and time has just been flying by. I had to go back to the hospital on Friday for a procedure called a "blood patch" which is for people who get a "spinal headache" after an epidural or spinal block. It caused a MASSIVE headache that would just about make me pass out when I sat up to feed the baby. So I went back in and they gave me an epidural and then injected about 20 cc's of my blood into the epidural to clot around where the spinal fluid was leaking out. Basically, it was SO NOT COOL. I made it through the delivery with no epidural so to make me go back 3 days later and have to have one was like a really mean joke. Anyway, I am feeling much better now.
Makenna is doing WONDERFUL. She is a great nurser, and sleeps all day! She doesn't really cry much (for now). Usually just lets out a little whimper when she is hungry. She is SO sweet and I am loving every minute of having another baby.
Here are a few pictures I have taken since we got home including a few from her first bath from mom and dad! Her hair is SO much lighter than Mar's was, and she definitely has her own look. She is already changing SO much. I had to get a picture of her in her bassinet because she looks SO TINY in there and it really isn't that big!

14 comments:

jordan.krogman said...

Goodness, she's so alert in her pictures! You'll have to let me know when her sleepy time is so we can get some snoozing pics, too! ;) Absolutely adorable. I hope Marlee is getting more used to her now!

Christina said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful. Almost makes me want a second... :) She looks a lot like Marlee in the close up. Hope you are getting some sleep!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

You guys sure made a beautiful baby. I can't believe how different she looks already. Can I stop by on Tues sometime? I have a cold I'm just getting over, so I better hold off one more day, but I don't want to wait too long!!!

Ashley said...

Mandi I had to have the blood patch with Ethan but the epidural never worked out for me so I had the headache for a week before it started making me throw up and I decided it was the spinal headache. I really didn't want to think that was what it was but I know the pain! It felt better instantly to have the blood put in my back! Your daughter is gorgeous!! :)

Tiffany said...

Mandi--she is beautiful! And...I'm SOOO jealous that she sleeps all day. But...I'm not so jealous about the going back to the hospital. Sorry about that...I'm glad that you're doing better now.

In response to your question, the Blue Men were fun to see...but I'm glad that I didn't pay for it (cuz we got free tickets by being guest ushers). I mean...it was a way fun experience...just overpriced. :)

Lindsey said...

I LOVE HER!! She is so adorable - She is beautiful. Congratulations from New Jersey!! Oh, and congrats on being the new year baby - - that is so cute, Vermillion is a pretty cute place when you think about it...

Anonymous said...

Oh Madi she is such a doll. I wanna hold her so bad. Hope you are feeling better from what you had goin on. She's perfect. Congratulations.

Chelsie Wilde said...

She is a doll! I was just trying to think of who she looked like, whoever it is she is beautiful! I cant wait for my little one to get here now!

Kim said...

Those spinal headaches are killer! I had one when I had a c-section with Paxton, and it took forever the anyone to do anything about it at the hospital. I'm glad you got that all fixed.

She is absolutely beautiful. It's fun to see how much she has changed in just a few days.

mumovearls said...

does she have blond hair? she is a dollie- give her a smoochy from auntie- hope you are feeling better-nena

Tonya Bennett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie Kay Moore said...

You're one tough cookie Mandi! SHe really does look great. They change so fast, it's crazy. You'regoing to have to keep on posting pictures and we'll decide who she looks more like! : ) Congratulations!

Carly said...

ok your baby is quite cute, but YOU amanda look like a million bucks! i mean WHO looks like this after having a baby???

congratulations to you and yours!
carly

Samantha said...

OH mandi my sister ashley had the same headache. It was horrible. Your baby is BEAUTIFUL and I am so happy for you guys. Yay for babies!