Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The New Years Baby...(Mandi's Version)

Ok, so I am on the hospital computer right now, I was dying to see what my dear sweet husband posted at home without me. Grateful that there are no shots too revealing...and besides the fact that he spelled our sweet new daughters name wrong he did pretty good. Yesterday was such a CRAZY day. We have in at 7:30 am. The Dr. came in at 8:30, I took a Cytotek and within 10 minutes or so was having consistent contractions. At 9:30 they broke my water and I decided to walk the halls for a while. After walking and finding the pain to be coming increasingly intense headed back to the room to think about an epidural. Well, by the time she checked me at like 11 I was 8 cm and 100% effaced. She then informed me it was too late for an epidural....COME AGAIN!?!?!? So, with a few tears shed and a missive amount of panic they quickly called the nurse in to try a spinal block. He made it in, but by the time I actually got a shot it was time to push. I pushed through a few contractions with no relief and then FINALLY for about the last 15 minutes I felt a bit better. All I have to say is WOW. Most intense 30 minutes of my life! Makenna Sage was born at 12:03 and is in perfect health as far as we can tell. She is sweet and I have yet to really hear her cry.




As for the fun stuff....she is OFFICIALLY THE NEW YEARS BABY OF VERMILLION!
I just had the Public Relations lady at the hospital talk to me about the press release and a family picture in the morning. They have a prize basket for us and will be announcing it in the news paper and on the Radio as well. Kinda fun! My best new years yet!!!
We are home now and hopefully these pictures give you a better idea of what she looks like. Love to all!

10 comments:

maccam said...

congrats! You are such a trouper! Not to mention look so beautiful! Congrats! She is so precious! I go in tomorrow...we'll see. Love ya guys!

Tiffany said...

Congrats Mandi! Also, you look too good to have just gone through labor... Let me know how life is with two....(and good luck with that..) :)

mumovearls said...

Congrats! we just love our newest nieces name it is just so sweet! Exciting stuff = New years Baby of Vermillion? WOW
Mandi you look great and don't worry if Marlee is stand offish at first all kids do that! This new little baby is in Marlee's territory and hogin mom attention. She'll warm up in a day or two- Can't wait to see more pictures of Princess #2 keep us updated Love ya-n

Chelsie Wilde said...

What a little cutie! We are so happy for you guys and glad that everything went well. She looks TINY in those pictures! You forget how small they are. Congratulations on a beautiful healthy baby girl!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

She is just too cute. Congratulations!!! I love the picture of her with your sister. You did a great job! Send Marlee over any time you need some Makenna bonding time... at least until next Friday...:) (Reese has been asking for her).

jordan.krogman said...

She's perfect, Mandi! :) Absolutely beautiful.

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

PS- I LOVE that you dressed her in blue! She is so precious. I can't wait to see her again!

::lindsay said...

She is an adorable baby! I can't believe you just had a baby though because you look absolutely wonderful!

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

She is gorgeous! Congrats on the newyears baby, you look great! Kent's work tooka family shot of us for an ad in the newspaper 5 days after I had Seger and it wasn't my best pic ever lets just say. And now they have decided to use that pic for the new company calendar that goes out to thousands of people! So just be glad that your lookin cute for your big debut!

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Beautiful! Congratulations!!!