Tuesday, February 12, 2008

6 Weeks...Some Good News and Some Bad News

Well, Makenna is 6 weeks today. I can NOT believe how fast the time is flying by. She changes so much each and every day. I wish I could stop time and just enjoy her as a new born just a little bit longer. She is such a sweet baby, I love her more and more every time I look into her sweet and newly chubby little face. We went to the doctor today to re-check the whole Milk (protein) allergy. Good news is she weighs a whopping 10 LBS. 2 OZ. Which means she has gained just under 4 LBS in 6 weeks! She was so tiny when she was born, I made the mistake of thinking she would stay that way and never get as chunky as Marlee once was. My mistake, she is chubbing up very quickly!
The bad news is, it is a Milk Allergy. Unfortunately for me, I will be on my new dairy-free diet for the next 6 months when we will then try to intergrade some dairy products and see how she handles them. Even worse, I thought she might lighten up after the 2 week trial and let me have SOME stuff (like the stuff that isn't all dairy, or an obvious dairy product)...NOPE! Anything with Milk listed as an ingredient! Bummer! Oh well, obviously it is working for Makenna because she has gained almost two lbs in the last two weeks, and she is totally worth the sacrifice!
In other news, we are SLOWLY breaking the idea of Potty Training to Marlee. We got her some "cool alert" Princess pull ups and she has been telling me all day she has to go potty on the potty, but then nothing. I think she is just afraid of wetting the Princess pull-up and having to throw it away! Ha..in time I guess.
Collin is sick. He was sick all weekend which totally sucked. I so look forward to the weekends and the time he can put the Law asside and we can just "be". I was totally bummed that the time finally came, and of course it hit him on Friday night. LAME! So far, the girls and I have been able to remain healthy which is a blessing, I am just ready for him to be back to normal!
I sat in the doctors office for TWO HOURS, and then on the way home had to go get Collin from school (he came home sick), and when we got there we got a flat tire, so we had to hang out at the Law School for an hour (which I am sure the other students just loved!). Anyway, it was a crappy day, but I got to go to the gym and work out some frustration which always helps, and who can stay bugged when you come home to a face like this!?!?

I love the deer in headlights face! Marlee did it ALL the time when she was a newborn. So funny.

9 comments:

Tom Earl said...

OMG I can't believe how she has changed in a week! What a cutie!

Nick and Kristen Honeycutt said...

she is so cute you guys!
-k

Unknown said...

When you look at the pic of Mar kissing Kenna right next to the new 10+ lb Kenna it doesn't even look like the same baby. I still think she looks like she belongs to me...I want to sqeeze her!

Matt and Debbie said...

Her hair sure does look redder in photos than real life!! It'll be interesting to see how it ends up!

Angie said...

She is changing so much!! And her hair does look a little reddish...

maccam said...

For some reason, the comment thing of a bopper wouldn't pull up so this comment was well over due...SO SO SO SO SO Cute! I love the big eyes. Awesome weight gain.
I'm sorry to hear that Collin was sick. It really is crapy when they are.
Good job Marlee and starting the whole potty stuff! Princess pull ups are so cute and so "in!" Love, Cam

Chelsie Wilde said...

She is soo cute Mandi! Last week I thought her and Marlee maybe had some similar features but I dont think that this week besides their big eyes, so cute! Its crazy to think she is already 6 weeks old! We miss you guys! Hope you had a good Valentines!

Brittany said...

Adorable! The last pic on your post makes her look just like a cabbage patch doll. Good luck with the dairy-free diet - I'm sorry you have to do that!

Samantha said...

Oh man, low blow on the no milk products. That enough reason to believe that moms get direct tickets to heaven, right?