I forgot to get on and post this last night, and I wanted to make sure I wrote it down because I am sure SOMEDAY it will make me laugh. It just sure as heck wasn't yesterday. I took the girls to playgroup at the church yesterday. Mar did fine, she played well, was sharing, and everything. Well...until it was time to leave. She didn't want to wear her coat, and trust me, in SD right now, you still want your coat! Anyway, I decided to try and teach her a lesson. I said "Fine, you don't have to wear your coat, but I think you should listen to mommy"... of course no she didn't. So, we get outside in the FREEZING wind and she starts screaming how cold it is. I offer her her coat, but seeing as how she is as stubborn as I am she refused. She was so hysterical by the time we got to the car she didn't want to get in her seat. She decided she wanted to sit shotgun. Nice. So, after 15 minutes of fighting with her alone in the church parking lot, I finally wrestled her into her seat, strapped her in nice and tight and left to pick daddy up from school. Well, as we were pulling up to USD I see her head in my rear view mirror...not in her seat. What the...?!?!?! So we pull into the parking lot, I get out and walk around the car to get her and the 5-point harness on her car seat is still completely buckled...figure that one out. So, I believe I will start calling her Houdini. She is one crazy little monkey. Anyway, there's my terrible-two story of the day.Thursday, March 06, 2008
Houdini
I forgot to get on and post this last night, and I wanted to make sure I wrote it down because I am sure SOMEDAY it will make me laugh. It just sure as heck wasn't yesterday. I took the girls to playgroup at the church yesterday. Mar did fine, she played well, was sharing, and everything. Well...until it was time to leave. She didn't want to wear her coat, and trust me, in SD right now, you still want your coat! Anyway, I decided to try and teach her a lesson. I said "Fine, you don't have to wear your coat, but I think you should listen to mommy"... of course no she didn't. So, we get outside in the FREEZING wind and she starts screaming how cold it is. I offer her her coat, but seeing as how she is as stubborn as I am she refused. She was so hysterical by the time we got to the car she didn't want to get in her seat. She decided she wanted to sit shotgun. Nice. So, after 15 minutes of fighting with her alone in the church parking lot, I finally wrestled her into her seat, strapped her in nice and tight and left to pick daddy up from school. Well, as we were pulling up to USD I see her head in my rear view mirror...not in her seat. What the...?!?!?! So we pull into the parking lot, I get out and walk around the car to get her and the 5-point harness on her car seat is still completely buckled...figure that one out. So, I believe I will start calling her Houdini. She is one crazy little monkey. Anyway, there's my terrible-two story of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Oh no!! And it begins, hopefully she just got lucky somehow and she doesnt really know how to get out. Its funny how at this age they think they know exactly what they want! That pic is darling of her!
That is AMAZING!! I remember when she Houdini'd her way out of her crib!! Maybe she'll have a career in magic.
That's crazy!! I can't even imagine how she wriggled out with all of the straps still buckled!!
I love your two new posts! You got some great pictures! I still wanna get together and make bows sometime. I've got all my supplies ready! Maybe a day next week? Love the one Makenna is sporting!
My little sister is the same way! Except she's four. However, thankfully you didn't get pulled over because that's what has happened to my mom when my little sister has gotten out. Marlee is so flippin cute! I loved the last post too. ADORABLE! Love, Cam
Well, you may not have been laughing, but I was! Sorry for you. We can't wait to see you guys!
K Mandi, sorry it took so long to answer your question about my camera. I have a canon rebel XT, I've had it for about 3 years now and I love it. When I bought it, it was about $800, not I think you can get it for like $450. Anyway, I shoot both on automatic and manual, just depends on my mood. Hope this helps, good luck.
Love the pictures and story of little Marlee. It's terrible when they get a mind of their own isn't it? :)
That's some skill! Evan just mastered our safety locks on the doors this past week and is quite proud of himself! I thought I was in for trouble, but I think Marlee's got him beat!
Okay, I was laughing out loud at that one. Only because I have too many of those days lately. :)
I taught her everything she knows =)
And no...I freakin miss YOU!!!!
Nice work, Marlee!! That is a great bathtub shot!
Hey maybe she unbuckled herself and then got out and buckled the straps back up without you even noticing....Boston is obsessed with buckling the straps himself. So no word on Powell....as of now we aren't going because Jared has guard, but dad is checking on the dates so I guess we will see. I know it sucks you guys are so far away. I would love to see your new little REDHEAD! Pictures just don't do these babies justice.
WHAT???!!! I can't hear stories like that- because although they are super hilarious from an outsider's point of view- it makes me too scared. I just have a feeling kate & owen are totally going to pair up against me.
Remember thats how Beckham's teeth got knocked out!... Ryan wanted to teach him a lesson because he kept getting out of his seat... Yah a lesson gone wrong, I'm so glad she is acting up as much as honey at least we can swap earl girl stories!-nena
Post a Comment