Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sisterly Love

(I thought this picture was funny b/c it looks like Kenna is almost the same size as Marlee! She really is my chunky little monkey and I love the summer clothes so we can finally show off those rolls! )I just thought I would write a quick post about my girls. I use this as kind of a journal , that I print out at the end of the year and I thought I should post this sweet picture and my thoughts before I forgot, or felt differently. lol!
Marlee is such a sweet big sister. I know I have said that in previous posts, but it is so true. She has such a maternal instinct. She is always gentle and loving with Kenna. Every time she cries, Marlee runs right over and says "don't be said baby sister". She hates it when Kenna is sad or hurting. She has never once tried to hurt her, or yell at her, and she is like her own personal little body guard when other kids come around her. I am just so thankful that she has adapted so well to all the change that has come her way the last several months. She can be a real sass sometimes (OK, most of the time), but she really is a tender, loving little girl. And I truly admire that about her.
When it comes to Kenna, I feel the same way. She may not be sleeping through the night yet, but when she is awake during the day she couldn't be any sweeter. She is SO patient with me when it comes to meal time, or dirty diapers. It is almost like she understands how high maintenance her sister can be sometimes. She is really a joy to have around and I love that she has such a sweet presence that everyone around her recognizes. I feel so fortunate to have not only one, but TWO beautiful and amazing daughters!

5 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

How awesome that must be! I worry with Scarlet sometimes about how she would react to another baby because she isn't the gentlest of creatures... but maybe there's hope! That picture is so adorable, there is little better than round babies!

Paris said...

"Baby Dack" misses his two girlfriends!!!!! Are you guys coming to Utah anytime soon? We need our Earl fix!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Aww, sweet chunky little arms! You are such a good Mommy!

Nicole said...

I like the new look for the blog. Little Kenna and her rolls, I love it! Hope you guys are having fun out there with your family. We sure miss seeing you guys.

mumovearls said...

so Excited to see you guys this next month!
Collin for the record-anyone who does NOT make it DOES NOT get a Christmas Present!... Christmas is going to be GOOD this year! Yahoo for Christmas presents! love you guys-n