Friday, August 29, 2008

For Those Who Doubted...

For all of you who wondered if I would survive the 10 hour car trip alone with my 2 girls... I DID! We actually made it here in about 9 1/2 hours which is a surprisingly good time considering I was alone with two kids. They were both very well behaved. I didn't even have to get the DVD player out for Marlee til we were like 6 hours in...pretty impressive! We had to make 4 potty stops, one nursing stop, and 3 GAS STOPS. I am so proud of how well we all did. I ate like my whole weeks allotment of calories to keep myself awake but it was worth it! My co-pilots were:
*Jr. Mints
*Oreos
*Gold Fish
*Fizzix Yogurt-(Thanks a lot dad- we're hooked)
*Diet Pepsi
*Dried Fruit
and
*Capri Sun
oh...and a couple of
*Chocolate cupcakes...
I know, totally disgusting, right?! But remember, I AM a nursing mom!! Like it matters...
Anyway, we made it safe and sound, and are looking forward to a great week!

4 comments:

Alisha Marlatt said...

Ha good job! When I travel with my two girls alone I bring my ipod and head phones so that i can drown them out! Is that bad?

maccam said...

You are a trouper girl! Good job Marlee and MaKenna on being great travelors! That's so nice that MaKenna is sleeping more. My McKenna used to sleep but now she is going backwards and doesn't want to sleep as long anymore. :( oh well. Cute pic of MaKenna! Are girls are the opposite. My McKenna is 95% height and 55% weight. That's funny. I love CHUBBY thighs! Love, Cam

Matt and Debbie said...

Nice work, Mandi! You could probably do anything you wanted to now.

Tonya Bennett said...

Wow your girls are good little travelers! My kids do pretty good but I always have movies on! How did our parents do it....without the dvd players...they are a life saver!