Thursday, October 16, 2008

Marlee-isms

*Forgive if this post seems a little scattered, I have been adding to it for several days*

Marlee has been saying and doing some of the funniest things lately. I thought I better write some of this stuff down to laugh at later on in life.
Last week I swear she was 3 going on 15. For about 24 hours she was totally acting like a teenager. I don't know what got into her. In that 24 hours we had the following conversations:

I am doing Marlee's hair for the day and she says:
Marlee: "Mom, I wanna dye my hair"
Me:"What did you just say?" (Thought maybe I heard wrong)
Marlee: "I said, I just wanna die my hair brown"
Me: "No, why would you want to do that"
Marlee:" Because I told you mom, I just wanna dye my hair!!!"


Later that day, we get in the car to go to the store and I see her pouting in the back seat:

Me:"What's wrong?"
Marlee:"Ugggghhh (rolling her eyes)....I just want to drive!"

As If I would just say ok, and hand over the keys!

Three days ago she woke up from her nap, got her portable DVD player went into Makenna's room, and woke her up. Climbed into the crib turned the movie on and then turned on Makenna's room heater. When I heard them, I went in and smelled something burning. The stuffed animals along the heater were singed. I tried explaining to her that it was not safe and she could burn the house down.

Me:"Marlee, if you turn on the heater it could start a fire and burn our house down"
Marlee:"Oh, and then we get a new house!" (smiling)
Me: "No, it's not that simple. We could get hurt, sissy (Kenna) could get burned!"
Marlee:"Oh.....its ok, I'll kiss it better!"

Today I was bathing her and all of a sudden she held her hand out (to shake mine) and said:

Marlee: "It's so nice to meet you..."
Me:"It's nice to meet you too"
Marlee:"My name is Rapunzel (ok, she says it "Compunzel")
Me:"Hello Rapunzel, my name is Cinderella"
Marlee:"Uh...no, you're mommy!"

Ok, one last one, just from this morning. I woke up thinking there was a bug on my face, but when I opened my eyes, it was Marlee:

Marlee:"You need some lipstick mommy?"
Me:"No, I'm ok, thanks"(it is first thing in the morning!)
Marlee:"But, I have lipstick, I'm so pweeeeettty!"

As soon as I opened my eyes all the way, I could see how "pretty" she really was. With lipstick all over her face! She looked like a clown, she's lucky I didn't try and attack her after waking me up looking like that!
She just cracks me up. Every day is such an adventure! I hope I can always remember this time in her life. I know this post probably seems silly and irrelevant to most of you, but I had to write it somewhere to remember how sweet, sassy and silly she is!

3 comments:

Mama Lara said...

Oh my gosh, I am cracking up! She is hilarious, and I can totally picture her saying those things. So stinkin' funny!

Matt and Debbie said...

What a goof Marlee is!! I miss her.

Courtney said...

Oh girls... they are something else, aren't they? Hey, at least you get to be "mommy" though... I'm seriously always the "villain"... it's a hard knock life :)