Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight

(In case you can't read them. Most of the shirts say "Blondes may
have more fun, but Edward prefers Brunettes)
Bre,Mariah,Paris,Jenni,Me & Kira
Finally! I am caught up to my Twilight post. I went over the weekend with a group of friends from Vermillion. We made shirts together and everything. I know that is totally dorky, but we had a really good time! We drove down to Sioux Falls together and saw it, then went to a few stores up there and out to dinner. It was a much needed break from the kids and I really enjoyed myself. I have seen a few other posts on family/friends blogs and pretty much agree with what they had to say but here's my take on things. Loved it. I have read all of the books and I think that helped a lot when it came to the movie. They did leave a lot out and changed a few things, but all for the sake of time. Things were a little rushed at times, and could come across a little corny if you didn't read it.
The casting, I thought was pretty good. I am assuming they didn't have a HUGE budget to pay for a bunch of A-List actors, so I think they did pretty good. I thought
Bella- did good. In seeing her picture I wasn't sure, but she grew on me. Edward-His eyes were PERFECT if you ask me, and the close ups were great. His teeth kinda bugged me, but really.....
The Cullens were a LITTLE disappointing.
Esme -was ok, I just think she could have been softer looking.
Carlisle-I wish he would have been a little older looking and softer also. His features were to harsh for me. But I think he did a really good job acting the part.
Emmett-Was probably my favorite of the Cullens. I thought he was funny and well cast. Just how I pictured him.
Rosalie-Played the part well, but kind of looks like a trany. She was a bit masculine looking considering she was supposed to be the most beautiful one of all.
Jasper-Looked constipated the whole movie. Needed to be more handsome.
Alice-Great! Wish her hair was a little more "now", but liked her face and her voice.
Jacob-The hair threw me off. He looks a bit femi, but it is supposed to be long, Indian hair so I get it. His face is handsome and he has a great smile, I am excited to see him in the coming movies.
Charlie-Did a good job. The scene where she leaves him just about broke my heart. I felt SO bad for him.
Over all, I really liked it. It left me wishing the rest of the movies were ready for me to see. I admit it, I got sucked in, and I liked it in Vampire Land.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

The t-shirts are too cute!!! I haven't read the books but it sounds like you had a good time. Girls night out is always a blast!

Tom Earl said...

OK - so I knew that I was going to the movie because Gail had read all the books.....I decided to listen to the audiobook starting on Thursday for the movie Friday and finished 2 hours before the movies......I enjoyed it! (...and Gail thinks I'm Edward!)

The Morales Family said...

So i guess you can get online and go to the authors web site and she has a list of who she would have casted!! I havent look but intrested!!!

mumovearls said...

gag* I have to leave you one gag to (because Myca got one) Anywho... "Dad we don't want to hear about your role playing with mom outside the bedroom!" You are killing me!
Ha Ha Ha shirts are funny I think dad was wearing the same shirt when he took mom to see it!-hahaha -Nena
(And Yes I publicly announced that I enjoyed the movie!)

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Wow, that's a really good synopsis on the characters. I surprisingly completely agree! Well, I think Bella could have let loose just a little more, she grunts too much, but other than that, you are right on. Wish I coulda been there with you gals, you are all too cute. Fun!!!

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

I totally agree!

Nicole said...

You guys all looks so cute in your shirts. How fun to all go together! Jake took me the other night and I really liked it. Great job on the character descripton. I think you are right on. I wasn't so sure about Edward, but he really grew on me. HOpe you guys had a great Thanksgiving!