Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Mr. Lawyer Man

So last week Collin had to be a prosecuting attorney (in a moch trial) for his trial tech class. He had to get one witness and 3 jurors to sit in on the trial. I got to be one of the jurors. It was SO cool to finally see him in action and see that all of his hard work is paying off. He did SO well. I was totally turned on (sorry if that is TMI). He looked so handsome in his suit and talking like a real lawyer. It was awesome. We had to deliberate after the trial to see who won and, of coarse, I fought like crazy for my hubby! Funny thing is, we had NO idea we were being taped, AND there was a mic on the deliberation table. I was totally embarrassed that they had all heard what we were saying. But, the girl who was the other prosecuting lawyer said "she did a hell of a job" and the defense attorney came up to me afterwards and said "maybe you should go to law school, you are very persuasive". Anyway, it payed off and he did win! Way to go babe! I am so proud of you for working your butt off this last 2 1/2 years and can't believe you are only one semester away from graduation! You are wonderful, talented, and brilliant. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you.

9 comments:

Claire said...

you are very persuasive! Maybe law school rubbed off on you! In any case, a lawyer with a smart, pretty, persuasive wife is a lucky dude :) You'd be surprised how much with lawyers' work actually happens socially.

lysh said...

I can just picture you arguing to help Collin win...fantastic!

mumovearls said...

Ok first: Law school is never just for the Husband... Mandi when Collin graduates you do too!
second:I love watching Ryan in action
third: I'm so proud of both of you!

ps: blog give-a-way day tomorrow!-Nena

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

way to go!! Apparently to both of you! Sounds like a fun day. And I can't believe that Collin is that close to grad!!! yeah you guys!

Dan and Bonnie said...

Mandi- That is so cool you got to be on the jury! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Tom Earl said...

You both rock!

Lindsey said...

That is so funny! I did the same thing for one of Ben's buddies when we were in schoolio. I love that you argued your heart out for Collin! I probably just sat there and hoped it would be over soon!
Congrats on your last semester!!!

This Girl said...

Thanks for the comment, it was really sweet of you.

That is awesome that Collin is almost done with school. Finally a light at the end of the tunnel, huh?

Courtney said...

That is hilarious! Haha, oh, if only you knew how many open-mouth-insert-foot moments I've had!

Also good to see that you are surviving law school-- I have a feeling we're following closely behind...yikes!