Friday, May 08, 2009

WHAT A DAY!

No, I don't have any pictures yet, but today was a BIG day for us. I had to write this all down for future reference.
At 4:00 this afternoon was the USD Law School hooding. Collin is officially a Law School Graduate! It was an amazing and surreal experience. I am so proud. We will post pictures tomorrow.
We went to dinner in Sioux City and got home past the girls bed time. I went to get Kenna in her PJ's and set her down for a minute. As those of you who live around here know, we usually can't even get her to stand on her own for more than 2 seconds. Well, I saw her standing there and said "Collin, look at how well she is standing there", right then and there, she WALKED ACROSS THE ROOM! WHAT!?!?!? She walked, and walked, and walked til we put her to bed. OH MY GOSH! I know that for most of you, a 16 month old walking is no big deal. For me, and Kenna, it is. After all we've been through with her these last few weeks and wondering if she would be able to walk at all without the help of surgery this is HUGE! I ran around the house screaming and clapping for about a half an hour and then let her go to bed. Hope she doesn't forget all about it tomorrow...

6 comments:

Ritchies said...

congrats collin!!! We are so excited for you and your family. I am so glad Kenna finally took off! It truly was a Great day. We love you guys
Jenn

Jenn said...

For the love of Pete, get some pics and vidoes posted. I NEED to see these things!

Claire said...

must have been all those prayers :) I'm so glad to hear Kenna walked (I'm actually tearing up a little). I know you have been so worried for her!

Congratulations to Collin too! (Guess all his hard work got a bit overshadowed by my excitement for Kenna :) !!)

maccam said...

Ya! Maybe she won't need surgery! Maybe just a little encouragement with therapy. Keep us posted. Hey, I was just wondering, are you still going to be able to make it for the wedding? Are you all going to come? We would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you (and have you if you want to stay with us) but I totally understand if things have to change for little MaKenna. We are still praying for that little girl! Love, Cam

mumovearls said...

Oh sweet Kenna! She walked! Yeah!-N

Sarah said...

Congrats Collin!! And yeah Kenna! What a rock star.