Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Catching Up....or trying...

Consider yourselves warned. This post covers a LOT, there are more pictures for the next post.
It has been a LONG few weeks. We came down to Colorado from South Dakota, to bring Collin for his BAR class. I went to Arizona for the weekend for a wedding, and Collin went to Vegas to talk to one of the High Schools there about his book. We left the kids in CO with my mom. I was lucky because one of my best friends/ first room mates lives in Arizona near where the wedding was, so I killed two birds with one stone and got to visit her! I was terrible about taking pictures, so I only have a few. All I have to say is...the wedding was AWESOME. LOVED Meg's dress, loved the colors, loved the people.
This picture of Cami and I is terrible (thanks a lot MAC! lol), but it's the only one I had!
Me and Sarah
We then made the trip back to SD with my sister, Jenn, and her three kids. Yes, all in one car. We were thinking it would be smarter that way, you know, save on gas and keep the kids occupied with buddies. We were wrong. It was a LONG drive, but once we got there, we had a good time. We went to the Duck Pond up in Yankton, the Aquarium, the fish hatchery, one day at the pool, the park, and a lot of time out in the back yard with the "chicklets". We had a little mini-photo shoot downtown, but that will have to have it's own post because there are a lot of pictures.

Thursday night both Jenn and Marlee got sick (both ends...don't hate me for saying that Jenn!). We decided to hurry and pack up Friday just in case more of the kids came down with the bug the next few days. Jenn started feeling better on Friday, but Marlee was still in rough shape. We stopped in Kearney Ne, for the night Friday (side note:if anyone ever stops in Kearney, stay at the Holiday Inn, they have an awesome children's water park instead of just a normal hotel pool). We finally made it home Saturday around dinner. Thank goodness.

This one was too hilarious NOT to post. Both Owen's face, and Jenn in the back are priceless!
Yes, that is me, climbing through the kiddie place, Lizzie wouldn't go alone...so I "snuck" inMarlee is STILL sick. We spent about 5 hours at Children's Hospital here yesterday trying to get her rehydrated. They even had to give her Zofran to help her quit yacking. It was sad, she was pretty pathetic. She seems to be doing better today, but we'll see. Our anniversary is this weekend and we have some of our very best friends (Tiff and Ryan)flying in from Utah. Should be fun. I just hope I am not sick by then...

3 comments:

lysh said...

Yikes! Poor Marlee! Other than that it is always fun to have family come visit.

Paris said...

Poor Marlee! That is so sad. On a happier note....I loved seeing all the pictures! I miss you guys and SD. I PROMISE I will post some pics soon. I've been so busy here but I need to just make time for it. That is so funny that we have the same swimming suit. It totally doesn't surprise me. haha

Chelsie Wilde said...

I am so sorry for Marlee! That is so miserable! But it sounds like you guys are having a fun/crazy summer! Cant wait to see you guys in September!!