Monday, September 13, 2010

The Third (and FINAL) First Day of Preschool

As most of you know, we had been debating for several months as to if we should put Marlee in kindergarten this year or not. Well, when we moved to the Springs that debate was over. In the school district we moved from the deadline to be 5 was Oct. 1. Here in the Springs it is Sept. 15.
Marlee's birthday is 6 days past the deadline and they make no exceptions. So we found a preschool for her here and she will start kindergarten next year. She started on Wednesday (Sept.8) at her new preschool and so far she loves it. When I picked her up Wednesday we had this conversation:
Me: How was school?
Marlee: Good.
Me: Did you make any friends?
Marlee: Yup, a little girl asked me to be her friend AND she wanted me to hold her hand at recess!
Me: Awesome, did you?
Marlee:Yes
Me: Cool, what's her name?
Marlee: (looking at me like I'm an idiot, and shrugging her shoulders) I dunno...

I love kids because they don't care about that. They meet and they're either friends, or they're not!
Here are some pics we snapped before she left for school...
(and is it just me, or does she look about 12!?!?!?)

6 comments:

Tom Earl said...

I adore these pics!

Jordan said...

I usually just sneak around your blog, but I had to say how CUTE she freakin is! And yes she does look so grown up! Seriously, and she is lucky to have a mama who can dress her up and do her hair so perfectly. Love these pics :o)

nana said...

Nana's baby isn't a baby anymore! She looks darling!n

Matt and Debbie said...

She looks AT LEAST 12!! Very pretty. Glad you all ended up with a home much sooner than you thought you would this summer! Good for you guys.

maccam said...

What a beautiful girl! And YES she does look like a little pre-teen! Looks like you guys had a fun reunion- when are the Moffats and Earls going to have one of those?

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

YES SHE DOES LOOK 1!! When did that happen!?? SHe's gorgeous!