Thursday, October 21, 2010

Just Another Day In Paradise

Yesterday was not the greatest day, but at least this made it a little better.... My day started off by dropping Marlee off at preschool and FINALLY biting the bullet and going to the clinic. I have known that I have had a sinus infection for probably 2 weeks, but since we STILL don't have insurance, I was trying to tough it out. Anyway, the doc told me I had the start of an ear infection and a major sinus infection. She said my nose was almost completely swollen shut on both sides. Nice.
I picked Marlee up from school and we met daddy at the park across from his office for lunch. Which was fun, but he had to rush off to court about 25 minutes later. Oh well, the girls and I stayed and played for a while and snapped some pictures.
(I know, I have been without a camera for so long that when I get to use one again, I go a little overboard!)
I was trying to explain to Marlee what Glamour Shots were. I'm not sure what she was doing with her hand, but it SO reminded me of my old Glamour Shots!
At dinner time we decided to head to Costco, and meet Collin there on his way home from work. The girls were fighting and it was a struggle just to get them in the store. I had been shopping for about 10 minutes when a lady tapped me on the shoulder and asked what kind of car I drove. She proceeded to tell me that my car was running.
Huh?
So, I went running out and sure enough, in the shuffle, I got the kids out, locked the doors and left the key in the ignition. Nice one. So, Collin ran home and got the spare to save me. Needless to say, we made dinner at like 8-8:30 and the kids went to bed a little late.

Just another day in Paradise....

3 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

bahahahah I love the car story. Isn't that just how some days go? I hope you feel better soon!

Tonya Bennett said...

Your girls are growing up so fast! Hope you get feeling better. I have to admit I've locked my keys in a running vehicle at HyVee. I also locked Lauryn in a running vehicle when she was about 2. I had to entertain her through the window for 30 minutes.

Anonymous said...

the keys in the ignition with the car locked & and running is some pretty FUNNY STUFF!!!!! I can totally IDENTIFY girl....