Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Merry Christmas to Me!

Well, I finally saw the ENT today. Unfortunately, just as I had feared, I need surgery AGAIN! Merry Christmas to me! My sinuses look bad and on one side there is scar tissue from my first surgery that is blocking the only place for it to drain so it is full with no way out. One of the sinuses back in between the eyes is also looking pretty bad. They want to go in and basically inflate a small balloon in between my eyes to open it up. Yuck, sounds gross and scary to me, but he seems confident and I have heard really good things about him. I don't know my exact surgery date yet, but I know it will be in the next couple of weeks. He will be fitting me in over the holiday break so that Collin can watch the girls and take care of me. I am sad it has come to this, but also relieved that I might FINALLY feel some relief when this is all done! I have felt like total crap for 2 months plus, so hopefully this will be worth it and I will be feeling back to normal again in a month or so. I guess we'll see...

10 comments:

jordan.krogman said...

Ugh, Mandi, that totally sucks! I hope this is the cure to all your problems, though, as there isn't much worse than sinus pressure! I tend to get a lot of sinus headaches during the winter months and can't imagine dealing with it for as long as you have. Here's hoping the surgery is quick and painless and that the recovery is an easy one!

jordan.krogman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Torey said...

Oh Mandi, I hope that the surgery is easy, and that you feel better fast. If you guys need anything, let us know. We'll be in Vermillion most of the holiday season.

Christina said...

Oh that sounds awful! I am glad you will be feeling better soon... I guess your family isn't going to be able to talk you into coming out here for christmas now. :)

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oh no! That totally sucks! I hope it goes well for you and you have a speedy recovery. :)

Natalie said...

Yikes!!! I hope all goes well and you get the relief you need. I'm sure its no fun...We'll keep you in our prayers!

Claire said...

Hopefully enough people will be in town to help you out! (I'm going to CA to see Crimson)At least you have light at the end of the tunnel now! I'm sure it will help you feel better in the end. Pain sucks!

Sarah said...

Oh you poor girl your Christmas steak is still going of having something carzy happen, bedreat, surgery ect. I hope you feel better though. I feel your pain I've been going through that stuff myself but only a couple weeks I'd die if it were months. Take care.

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Oh I hope it goes well and you recover quickly!

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

oh crummy! That's no fun! Hope it goes well!