Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Life...Stress...Prayers...
OK, this is a REALLY hard post for me to write. I have been a TOTAL stress case this last week (and no, it's not just because of the drugs). Our plan until now has been like 90% sure that we were going to move back to Colorado and take the BAR there. But, the last month or so we have both started having some feelings that maybe that is not the best plan for our family right now. It breaks my heart to think that I may be the only daughter away from my mom and dad, the only auntie away from all me nieces and nephews, and my girls the only cousins to never be around (really, you have NO idea... tears are streaming down my face as I type this). That being said, with the economy right now and everything else, we feel like our best chance to get some good job experience may be to move to WA. The good thing, is that we found out that there is reciprocity from WA to CO, meaning, that if he passes the WA BAR and works there for a few years, it would be possible for him to transfer to CO and practice there as well. This is not a SURE thing, but we are leaning this way. We are praying every day for guidance as to what would be the best move for our little family. I know this will disappoint a lot of people(and I am SO sorry for that), and make a few others thrilled. We just ask that you all give us as much support as you can and pray for us that we can have the strength to do what will be best for us as a family. We love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
This is Debbie, not Matt. I totally understand. Several attorneys Matt has talked to have said this is about the worst time for them as a business, as well. There are still tons of kids up here without jobs. It's especially harder if you don't have too many connections for networking. Our "offer" still isn't official, but we feel calm about it. They want to fly him out in a couple of weeks to see if it would be a good fit for them and us first.
PS Aren't you glad for the guidance of the HG? And hopefully you won't have to wait longer for bar results in WA than in CO! That's such a horrible/weird time. I still can't believe how long it takes from graduation to actually start working sometimes. But in the scheme of things, it's not so bad.
We've got nothing but love for you and just know that you will be guided to do what is best for your family! We all love you!
It is a really hard decision, but you'll get it figured out. You never know where life will take you. I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you end up.
That is a hard decision! I know you guys will make the right one but we will keep you in our prayers. On the good note, Collin will eventually be making enough money for you to fly home frequently... and maybe you could make a stop in UT sometimes too :). We love you guys and hope for the best!
Mandi - you and your husband need to make decisions for you and your family. I know its hard but you have to leave the rest of the people out, your family, his family and friends. It may be super hard to pick up and go somewhere else, even somewhere you really don't want to be, but the Lord has his reasons for doing things and if you follow those promptings, you will be happier for it. No worries, he's there for you and he knows what he's doing.
LOVE YA! :D
Hey girl, I totally know how you feel not wanting to be the only one away from your family cause I am. But you need to do what's best for your family. There are some perks of being the only one away though like when you come home to visit everyone drops everyhing to see you and you do only fun stuff while your home. And your kids get spoiled even more!! Hang in there I know it's rough but it'll be ok. You'll know what's right for you.
What a touch decision you have to make, been there! But if you have to move to WA, may as well come to Seattle. :) I hope you find your answer soon, and that you will have peace when it comes! :) If you do decide to move to Seattle, be sure to let us know!
Thanks for the sweet comment. We are absolutely beyond thrilled! The house is on Overdrive...right off highway 50 as you head toward Yankton. We will definitely have to have everyone over for a visit once we get settled in! ;c)
I know, it's so hard to be away from your family! the Lord will bless you guys so much and guide you to where you need to go. It's just having faith that's the hardest. Good luck to you guys! You are such a BEAUTIFUL family! Hope to see you guys sometime. Love, Cam
Don't you hate being grown up sometimes?? Know that we love you and are thinking of you. Heavenly Father has our best interests at heart.
Post a Comment